Holiday Magic Books?

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hey guys we all now that the Hoildays are coming up!!.I was wondering which of these 3 magic books i should buy.

1.Card Finesse 2

2.Totally Out Of Control by Chris Kenner

3.Aaron Fisher Paper Engine

they are all at my localmagic store so can you give me your opinions which one i should get and if you have any one of these please make sure you reply.Thanks!!

Sep 1, 2007
You should pick up Totally Out of Control just because its IMPOSSIBLE to find :O

I've heard nothing but great things about all of them, in fact I asked for Totally Out of Control and The Paper Engine for christmas myself

I know this is the theory 11 forum, but one thing that really bothers me about it, is the fact that the people here only reccomend effects or books or dvds from the artists on the site.

I'm not putting their stuff down, they are some good magicians, but there is a multitude of other books out there besides these guy's books.

Most of those books are the ones they used to get to where they are today.

If I had to recommend some bang for the buck I would say The Collected Almanac by Richard Kaufman. A TON of routines by a ton of great magicians. I'm sure most of the tricks are ones that people don't use.

I'm not saying not to get out of control. I've skimmed through it (I don't own it) and it looks great, but there are a ton of other books out there.

What about the complete works of Derek Dingle?
The Secretes of Brother John Hammond?
FASDIU by Paul Cummins (excellent book)

I mean I could go on.

Go out there and research. Look for the books that are a must have, and if you dont' have them buy them.

Sep 3, 2007
I know this is the theory 11 forum, but one thing that really bothers me about it, is the fact that the people here only reccomend effects or books or dvds from the artists on the site.

I'm not putting their stuff down, they are some good magicians, but there is a multitude of other books out there besides these guy's books.

Most of those books are the ones they used to get to where they are today.

If I had to recommend some bang for the buck I would say The Collected Almanac by Richard Kaufman. A TON of routines by a ton of great magicians. I'm sure most of the tricks are ones that people don't use.

I'm not saying not to get out of control. I've skimmed through it (I don't own it) and it looks great, but there are a ton of other books out there.

What about the complete works of Derek Dingle?
The Secretes of Brother John Hammond?
FASDIU by Paul Cummins (excellent book)

I mean I could go on.

Go out there and research. Look for the books that are a must have, and if you dont' have them buy them.

Hmmm.

FASDIU by Paul Cummins

I had not come across this book.

Care to tell us more about this book why it is so excellent as you mention ?

FASDIU stands for From A Shuffled Deck In Use. Its a smaller book, but every trick is as the title says, from a shuffled deck in use. It's all impromptu material with little to no setup. There are a lot of really great tricks in there such as his version of oil and water and an in the hands triumph that is really great.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results