Holiday Wheel

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I assume the better prizes are simply far less likely to get a hit.

The wheel is mostly for decoration. Unlike a real wheel, there are odds behind each prize. The 25 Elite Point prizes and the Grand Prizes have very different odds. The moment you click the spin button, your prize is decided by our system (randomly selected, based on our odds), and the wheel spins until it lands on your prize.

// L

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
untitled.png
The wheel is mostly for decoration. Unlike a real wheel, there are odds behind each prize. The 25 Elite Point prizes and the Grand Prizes have very different odds. The moment you click the spin button, your prize is decided by our system (randomly selected, based on our odds), and the wheel spins until it lands on your prize.

// L

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I assumed it was like slot machines. You can't win the jackpot unless you bet max.
You can't win the big prizes unless you spend big money.
Glad to see I was wrong...

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I assumed it was like slot machines. You can't win the jackpot unless you bet max.
You can't win the big prizes unless you spend big money.
Glad to see I was wrong...

Yep! Odds for a free spin vs a paid spin are identical, 100%. Your chances to win a grand prize are the same for a free spin as they are for a spin from a purchase. The only difference between free and paid spins is how you obtain them.

// L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey Lyle, has anyone won any of the big prizes yet?

I'll let the winners announce if they should choose, but in short - Yes.

We have given away well over 500k Elite Points, lots of pins and rare decks, quite a few charity: water donations, a bunch of uncuts, and an unconfirmed number of grand prizes. I will tell you that the number of spins represented in your reports in this thread are the TINIEST fraction of the total number of spins on the Wheel.

We intend to give away every single grand prize if possible. Random chance may mean that we run out of grand prizes early or that we don't give away a few, but we have set our odds to that every single one will hopefully be given away by the end of the contest.

// L

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Has anyone bought anything off the Marketplace in order to get additional spins? If so, what did you buy? I bought Alternate Universe by Rick Lax and Slicer by Tom Farrell.

If I can recommend one over the other then I would recommend Slicer. It moves away from the traditional card trick and presents something everyone knows about magic but in a more compact format, and more deceptive. For .99 cents, it's a steal.

Alternate Universe is great because you don't have to present it as an out of this world effect. In fact, the trick is better if you DONT present it that way, but there's nothing stopping you from presenting it that way if you like. It is simple to do and has good spectator involvement.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results