Holidays Coming Up

Jun 26, 2009
The holidays are coming up and i need some suggestions.
here is my list so far...

Coin One - Homer Liwag
Symphony - DG
Bee Stingers
Wynns - Blue, Red, Brown
Split Spades - all colors
Surfaced - Chad Nelson
Trilogy - flourishes and everythingelse
aladdins - blue and red (not on list anymore. just bought some and they are great!!)
arrcos - red (i already have blue)
Smoke and Mirrors - When they come out (got these too)
GENESIS - ANDREI JIKH
Card College - Volumes 1 - 2

obviously i will have to narrow this down. if anyone has any suggestions on other tricks or cards please tell me. Also if any of these products listed here are not that good please comment.

thanks everyone,
zdogmagic

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
I personally don't think 2 books will exactly suffice ;) I suggest maybe branching out more and trying different things. Maybe get a good photo/video editing software or a new camera and then maybe some more books. Jean Hugard has a great book on card manipulation that you might be interested in.

Aug 19, 2009
The holidays are coming up and i need some suggestions.
here is my list so far...

Coin One - Homer Liwag
Symphony - DG
Bee Stingers
Wynns - Blue, Red, Brown
Split Spades - all colors
Surfaced - Chad Nelson
Trilogy - flourishes and everythingelse
aladdins - blue and red
arrcos - red (i already have blue)
Smoke and Mirrors - When they come out
GENESIS - ANDREI JIKH
Card College - Volumes 1 - 2

obviously i will have to narrow this down. if anyone has any suggestions on other tricks or cards please tell me. Also if any of these products listed here are not that good please comment.

thanks everyone,
zdogmagic

In your signature, apparently you are practicing the clipshift.

How are you doing this when you have yet to own Surfaced?

*cough* piracy *cough*

Unless you want two copies, then my bad.

Jun 26, 2009
In your signature, apparently you are practicing the clipshift.

How are you doing this when you have yet to own Surfaced?

*cough* piracy *cough*

Unless you want two copies, then my bad.

no no no no...a magician i met did it kinda badly so i figured it out. i am not sure if i do it the real way though. Someone did it badly and i figured it out. i don't like piracy either.

it was a misunderstanding,
zdogmagic

Jun 26, 2009
seriously i hate piracy!!!
it was actually guy who worked at a magic shop. he was working on itright in front of customer and my face. not a good idea for a magician eh?

Oct 25, 2008
Requoted with my thoughts:

Coin One - Homer Liwag :: If you're really into coin magic, this is a great choice, highly recommended, but don't get it if you don't like using gimmicks.
Symphony - DG :: I picked this up, and I only use one effect on it, in my opinion, these effects are more "oh wow that's a cool little thing he can do" rather than something so powerful. Just MY opinion though...
Bee Stingers :: Nah, they kinda get clumpy after a while, I'd go with Splitspades.
Wynns - Blue, Red, Brown :: No. Wynns feel horrible, unless you buy brown ones. Brown wynns are very nice, but then again, they are expensive.
Split Spades - all colors :: Yes sir. Here's an awesome buy. I bought a deck of splitspades 2 years ago and I can still perform with it today. They last so long, the design is awesome, and they feel like a hybrid of bikes and tally hos, that last forever. Brilliantly designed, the best deck of cards in my opinion.
Surfaced - Chad Nelson :: If you are willing to put in the practice, go ahead and buy it, I put in a lot of practice, mastered the clipshift, but honestly, I never really use it unless I am showing it to other magicians. The choice is yours... can't really say on this one.
Trilogy - flourishes and everythingelse :: If you are a beginner, don't buy it, if you are advanced and don't have it, it's a must have, very modern, highly recommended.
aladdins - blue and red :: Smooth finish if you're going to get them. Otherwise just forget it. (Go with splitspades for the best, but aladdin smooth finish are way up on my list too, they're quite nice, but feel very different, worth a try to see if you like 'em).
arrcos - red (i already have blue) :: What do you think of red? If you like red, you'll like blue, they're exactly the same besides the color.
Smoke and Mirrors - When they come out :: Not sure how the 3rd ed. will differ from 1st or 2nd eds, but if you like the back design, wait for a review or two to see how they feel, or, just buy 'em and try them out!
GENESIS - ANDREI JIKH :: Wait and see... probably a must have over the trilogy though, just because of how modern the stuff is.
Card College - Volumes 1 - 2 :: Great choices, a must have for a serious card worker (unlike surfaced :p )

Again, this is just my humble opinion.

The best,

-GJ

May 3, 2008
seriously i hate piracy!!!
it was actually guy who worked at a magic shop. he was working on itright in front of customer and my face. not a good idea for a magician eh?

Kostya Kimlat actually personally gave me permission to pirate a copy of the Roadrunner Cull DVD. Don't worry I won't though.
lol

May 31, 2008
It's odd, my first magic gimmick was a Christmas gift, but I never ask for magic on Christmas. I pretty much have everything I need (and want) so I won't be asking for any magic this Christmas. Oh wait Art of Astonishment :confused::):D I'll be right back...

...Just kidding, I'm not going to get anything this Christmas, because I want a Fender Mustang...and my mom isn't really in to spending $939...so I have to wait until my birthday in February.

Anyway, about your list:

The only thing I own on it is Split Spades, they are great cards, I prefer Studs, but you cant go wrong with Split Spades (second favorite deck) I wouldn't ask for Brown Wynns, they just aren't worth it. Why ask for a thirty-dollar deck of playing cards (that will wear out) when you could get another book with dozens of effects? I'd also wait for some reviews on Genesis.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results