how do I get a card to stick to my thumb?

Jul 9, 2009
AZ, USA
I'm having a difficult time trying to get a card to stick to my thumb. Like are my hands to dry or oily or sweaty or is their a special kind of card I should use?
You know, those cuts and flourishes that look totally awesome when they lift up a card off the deck with their thumbs and then like spin it back on to the deck or something. :cool:
Well I'm just looking for any tips to help me with this. Or if I just need to keep doing it over and over again to get it like so many other moves in cardistry.

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I use a tad of Sortkwik. It does the trick if my hands are too dry. It's non-staining too. Some people like having sweaty hands for flourishing because it makes it easier to grip. I have crazy dry hands so I just put a bit of Sortkwik on my fingertips and I'm good to go. You can find it at Officemax, Office Depot, and Staples.

Or you could just watch Bone's "furious angels" video. Who is the original creator of that move. The video itself is not a tutorial but it's really easy once you see it 1 or 2 times. First practice it the easiest way that he does it, putting the card on his thumb by his middle finger. Then figure out how to do it the one-handed way.
There are really no "special cards" or "secret technique" for it.
PM me if you need any help, though I migh not respond quickly cause I have a busy final exam filled week today!

May 10, 2010
Andrei Jikh also states in the DVD he has extremely sweaty hands. When I saw him shake the card and it stuck I was shocked.

It looks too darn fake, but either way we won't know. I think with sufficient practice, (yes just like everything in cardistry) you'll eventually get used to it and execute Angel with ease.

1. you could just lick your thumb... that can help temporaliy
2. do it like bone's angel....hold the deck upside donw place the card on thumb... push on it.. turn hand up but keep the thumb in this position .... so u can do it by gravity

The move you are referring to is Angel by Bone Ho. Furious Angels is the title of the video and I believe a move within the video but the general move is just simply Angel.

The general way of doing it is too use Inertia, although a sticky thumb helps its best if you can do it with out it. You can of course turn the deck upside down and do it that way, but I would suggest using Inertia to help you.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results