How do they do it?

Aug 19, 2009
hi guys!!!how's your day?
uhm greetings aside, uhm i am new in cardistry, i started a year ago, i used plastic cards(those really cheap ones you could get for a few Pesos which roughly equals 25 cents or so[i live in the Philippines])...then about 6 months ago i started using them paper cards coz i found their glossy finish makes the card slipperier and easy to slide when doing the flourishes...i find those kinds of cards(i mainly use bicycle)kinda stiff and hard though...i then saw videos of magicians in the net, namely sankey and the buck twins...how come they handle the cards like their as soft as plastic ones???how do they do it???i mean ive been using the cardboard cards for half a year now but its still stiff to work with,,,i need to exert too much effort just to riffle them...any tips???i'm really desperate to learn...please tips on that???[i don't think its against the rules right???]

dRew...

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Three words:

Time, Practice, Ninja.

Jokes aside, how old are you?

Exerting force should really not be an issue with cardboard cards...The longer you play with them, the more comfortable you'll feel.

G

EDIT: I just realized how twisted my statement above can be. Do you see it too?

Aug 19, 2009
uhm, yea i have been practicing with the same deck for a while now, but the only time i get the feel of a cardboard deck is the moment it gets completely bent... i mean it won't go flat no more...hmmmm...thanks for the advice...i'm gonna try that...

@G::Wadstrand

i'm 18...i started cardistry/magic when i was younger but i stopped...then started again last year...

thanks to all for your advice...

dRew

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Huh...Cards shouldn't be so hard to use. Especially not when you've reached that age. Have thought of you tried different decks?

G

Aug 19, 2009
i don't mean that its really hard but it just feels stiff in the hands...hmmm...any good brands for cards???bicycles are the most common here where i live...and by stiff in the hands i mean stiff, i can't do a good table riffle...hmmm...

dRew

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
Non Bicycle, Non Poker Sized Cards (Phew... Mouthful) in the UK are incredibly stiff, because of the stock, and the size, and they take a good 2 weeks to wear in, but after that they get easier to manipulate, so be patient, keep practicing and eventually you'll get there.

Dec 16, 2008
Hmm, Bike is very normal deck but you feel it very stiff ?
Strange for me. Go finger fitness :). Just try improving your finger strength :)

I remember when i was in 6th grade, when i tried doing a spring i felt like i was trying to break a piece of wood with one hand. Now (3 years later), I spring any kind of deck without even thinking about it. I think you'll lose the stiff feel in a few months.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results