How do you practice?

Apr 14, 2011
Sup t11? When I get a new effect I'll watch the DVD or read the book and follow along as best I can while not really caring to get the move down perfectly. I'll watch it like 4/5 times and then practice on my own for a while remembering all the parts where I messed up. Then I'll go to sleep and come back to it the next day, which I find is actually really helpful. I'll continue practicing on my own while occasionally referring back to the subject material over a few weeks. After I feel I have it down pretty well I'll show it to my family and ask them if they saw anything fishy or any flashes. After I fix what they tell me to fix then I'll show it to people outside of my family.

What do you guys do? Do you throw yourself into and try and learn everything the second you get the trick? Do you watch it once and then never really go back to it? What do you find is most effective when trying to learn a new effect?

Mar 21, 2012
As for me, I follow almost the same system as you practice. I think it sound pretty logic and there are a lot of systems which offer almost the same step-by-step list of actions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results