How do you practice?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
hello everybody!
i want to know how do you practice the flourishes you do and how do you learn new moves!
do you still learn a new move the whole day/week/month and so on, or do you do it 10 times, 20 times.... a day?

whats the best way for you to learn and practice moves?

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
One of the things that I love about cardistry and card magic is that a deck of cards is a pocket-sized hobby. You can take your cards out almost anywhere and practice. You also don't need to practice consciously, you could practice one handed cuts without thinking about it. I almost always have cards in my hands, so practicing comes pretty natural to me. Personally, I've started to move away from learning two handed cuts constantly. Trying to get some more variety incorporated into my creative process. I'm also focusing more on the performance aspects of flourishing as opposed to purely focusing on the mechanics. I practice until I simply don't feel like practicing anymore. Sometimes I practice all week, sometimes I don't practice at all.

When you're trying to learn new moves, try to look for patterns inside the move. If you can mentally connect a new move to an old move, you may understand it a little faster.

Reactions: ConnorIsner
Nov 26, 2013
When I practice moves, cuts, and other things, I practice it till I can do whatever I am practicing without fault. Whether it takes me a hour, a day, or a week.

Dec 12, 2013
Israel
One of the things that I love about cardistry and card magic is that a deck of cards is a pocket-sized hobby. You can take your cards out almost anywhere and practice. You also don't need to practice consciously, you could practice one handed cuts without thinking about it. I almost always have cards in my hands, so practicing comes pretty natural to me. Personally, I've started to move away from learning two handed cuts constantly. Trying to get some more variety incorporated into my creative process. I'm also focusing more on the performance aspects of flourishing as opposed to purely focusing on the mechanics. I practice until I simply don't feel like practicing anymore. Sometimes I practice all week, sometimes I don't practice at all.

When you're trying to learn new moves, try to look for patterns inside the move. If you can mentally connect a new move to an old move, you may understand it a little faster.

First part is damn so true.
Besides,when im practicing im just focusing on new things that i've learned until i control good and then i move to another flourish.
While practicing on new move i'm doing it like 3-4 times and then i do 3-4 other moves that i know,and back again to the new move.
Its like i build my self some practicing routines :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results