How many tricks

Feb 1, 2011
hello , I have learned tons of tricks , but i was thinking to just focus on a few effects and perfected it .
But the question is , how many effects must i focus on ??
I'm a card magician by the way .

Jan 11, 2011
Focus on however many tricks you feel like you need. Its better to have 3 or 4 tricks you can perform very well then "tons of tricks" you can barely pull off. Focus your attention on your hardest hitting tricks and really get them down, rather than trying to master a whole buttload of tricks. Just my two cents.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Jamie's thread is a must read.

I will also just quickly add that it is very beneficial to break your magic effects up into sets of 3-4. That way at any moments notice you have 3-4 effects that you perform regularly in that exact order for a possible client or audience. Then I hand out my business card promptly afterward. By doing this, your sets become second nature and you get VERY good at performing that set in many different environments.

Once you have 3 sets down you will be ready for strolling gigs and such. I'll work a restaurant or wedding reception with just 9 effects on me and have plenty of material.

As far as a total number of tricks / effects to learn. There is no real answer. I've gotten to the point where I've tried to emerge myself in so much that I eventually forget some of the things once they have sat on the back burner or shelf too long.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results