how to change all cards of the deck to a specific one?

David S.(63)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm more of a decks collector than a person that performs illusions with cards, I love watching illusions with cards, but I've been very curious about this specific one that was done to me.

I hope you don't take it negatively for asking, all I ask is if you could point me in the right direction, maybe this illusion has a name, or you could point me to a book that would be worth reading to understand the illusion, I want to know more about it.

First things first, I did check the deck before hand, there's a particular thing about this deck is that all the backs of the cards are from different decks, no two backs are the same to prevent people from saying that the magician changed the card. Indeed all the cards had different ranks and suits (doubled checked).

As normal I was asked to pick a card from the deck, I got a King of diamonds, another friend was asked to pick another card, and as we came to discover it was also a king of diamonds, now I'm looking at the two cards and I definitely missed something, as the magician grabs the deck and spreads it across the table, and says "that's amazing that both of you got the same cards as this deck is built only of aces" and turns all the cards up and there's only aces.

My question remains unanswered in how was it possible to change the deck with different cards to just aces?
All my online research points me to "Svengali Deck" but this was no Svengali move, the cards were on the table and I touched them.

Thank you for your time,
David

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
sir i don't know the exact same effect but there is a similar effect by Daniel Madison called blind
there's a possibility that its a variation of that effect or done in other way
well blind is also really nice

David S.(63)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for sharing BLIND, although I wasn't looking for that part of the illusion, maybe I confused you by trying to give some background.

I'm looking to understand how can you be shown a normal deck of cards and then suddenly all those different ranks and suits turn into for example ace of clubs (all of them).

Thank you very much for your time,
David

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
man your asking for a magician's secret :D
there's a simple trick we play with spectators that we make them think wrong (hint: only the spectators think its was fully changed or the deck was normal ) we do it by a lot of means. and i don't think i am allowed to share someone's secret or to share something that people pay for. really sorry man

on the same time i could be wrong (high odds) :D

Reactions: David S.(63)

David S.(63)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I respect the work and I'm willing to pay to know it if that's what it takes to learn it, that's why I'm asking if someone can send me in the right direction, a book, a person that did the trick and is willing to teach it... I'm not looking for the easy cheap answer, I think people's talent shouldn't be taken for free, I know people dedicate years perfecting their illusions, and that comes with a cost of course.

I do understand if nobody would like to share it, I'm just curious and I thought to ask within the community.

Thank you very much for your time,
David

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Enjoy the performance and mystery for what it is. Knowing the method will ruin it.

The effect sounds like it is based on the routine Rainbow Miracles in Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations, Volume 3 (which will explain the selection process). Lennart Green markets this effect as "Stolen Cards." However, the performer apparently added his own variation by showing the faces of the cards in the the deck to be different ahead of time. You can't do that with Rainbow Miracles or Stolen Cards. I can come up with a number of methods for showing the faces of the cards, but without seeing the performance, I would just be guessing.

If the routine was performed as you explained it, the performer went through a lot of effort to take an effect and make it their own. Admire that because the explanation isn't nearly as beautiful as the illusion.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Enjoy the performance and mystery for what it is. Knowing the method will ruin it.

The effect sounds like it is based on the routine Rainbow Miracles in Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations, Volume 3 (which will explain the selection process). Lennart Green markets this effect as "Stolen Cards." However, the performer apparently added his own variation by showing the faces of the cards in the the deck to be different ahead of time. You can't do that with Rainbow Miracles or Stolen Cards. I can come up with a number of methods for showing the faces of the cards, but without seeing the performance, I would just be guessing.

If the routine was performed as you explained it, the performer went through a lot of effort to take an effect and make it their own. Admire that because the explanation isn't nearly as beautiful as the illusion.
Joshua Jay's Prism Deck isa another Rainbow deck routine but I think you are right in thinking that this is Lennart Green's. Either way, the method is a HUGE let down when compared to the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results