How to flourish with flowing movement

Jun 29, 2008
In Brunei
Hey guys. this is my 1st thread. I've been wondering how you guys do flourish with that nice motion. I can do flourish like sybil and other kind of stuff but not like you guys. Please help.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Besides just the obvious practice, I'll try to help you a little more. Keep in mind that I am a bit of a noob to flourishing, so I don't know a whole lot on the subject.

But while I'm practicing, I start slow... reeaaal slow. And then eventually, muscle memory will begin to build. However, once I develop this muscle memory, I don't start going as fast I can. I first concentrate on making the movements flow, and fluid, and all that jazz. Then I eventually keep increasing speed until I get to a speed that I'm comfortable with and that looks good.

Hope I could help!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thats some good advice. How slow can you go. And build on that.

I'm glad someone thought it was useful. Like I said, I'm not even close to being even considered an intermediate flourisher- but someday I might be there. Just to give you an idea of my skill level- I had trouble with Static at first! :eek:

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Flow is actually a difficult thing to achieve theoretically, but the main way to improve is just to practice. Heres a little tip.

Say you are already smooth at sybil, and you maybe want to add a one hand revolution cut inside. You may notice that your one hand revolution cut initially is much slower than your sybil, hence that combo doesn't flow.

To solve this SLOW down your sybil to the speed o your revolution cut and work on smoothness at a much slower rate. Then as time progresses you will be faster and everything will pick up to speed.

Hope that isnt too confusing

-DL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results