How to palm a card 'without touching' it?

Jul 22, 2013
California
I am working on a trick right now, and I have one version worked out that is pretty cool (and doesn't involve palming), but my more powerful method involves waving my hands over a folded card and having it disappear. So, how do you palm a folded card, seemingly without touching it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, folks!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Any number of ways.

What's the situation? Where are the cards, how are they arranged? Where are you?

Jul 22, 2013
California
The card is folded in half, and placed on top of a deck. I stand over the table with the deck on it, and wave my hands over it. I have never attempted this before, and I can't seem to lift the card correctly.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Lapping, if you don't insist on standing. A savant if you do. Double stick tape.

How much have you worked on this?

Jul 23, 2013
I'm not sure if it would fit your style or normal attire, but a finger ring with some tack or, as Christopher said, double sided sticky tape on it might do the trick.

Jul 22, 2013
California
These gimmicks sound like the way to go. I was thinking about double sided tape, but I wasn't sure. All these ideas have given me some great inspiration :) thanks, folks!

Sep 4, 2012
Yeah some kind vanish using lapping would be cool actually, if you're sitting. You can probably be quite bold about this if you're waving your hands anyway...

Jun 5, 2013
If it's possible you could try the tenkai palm. It's a good way of palming without making it look like you're actually palming a card

Sep 23, 2012
the only thing is you cant tenkai palm a card swiftly off the top of the deck without it being raised at least a little bit
i have tried this before and i found that an earplug stuck to the bottom of the folded card helps. just squish the earplug down so it is flush with the deck and time the wave of your hand so when the earplug pops up you can palm the card easily
the only problem is that you have an earplug stuck to the card but that can easily be ditched
hope this helps

Aug 3, 2013
Singapore
I have a method that uses Loops.
As you wave your hands across, hook the folded card on the loop. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. This way there is a distance between you hand and the card.

Hope i helped =)

Jul 22, 2013
California
I have a method that uses Loops.
As you wave your hands across, hook the folded card on the loop. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. This way there is a distance between you hand and the card.

Hope i helped =)
This sounds like an excellent method, and thanks for all your suffestions, I am working on all of them! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results