How to warm up?

Jan 16, 2012
Hi, I have been starting cardistry lately, but one problem I am finding is that I find it really hard to warm up. This has never been a problem for me with standard magic for the last 6-7 years, but cardistry is a lot different.

Has anyone any good ideas on how to warm up well?

Thanks-

Apr 1, 2009
California
If you want to get warmed up, you really want to start utilizing the muscles of your fingers, hands, wrists and arms. It doesn't have to be a big production, but you want to stretch your hands first, whether it be cracking the fingers, rolling the wrists, whatever the case may be. When I pull out a deck of cards I like to springs them, face down and then face up or vice versa. This not only gets the cards ready, but it also actually gives some work to your hands as well. Try it in both hands. From there, just get confident. Do moves you know. Play with the deck. Get used to it. Cardistry has a lot to do with confidence and muscle memory.

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
I suffer from poor circulation, and therefore usually have really cold hands...if I want to warm up (both the temperature of my hands, and get some blood flowing/stretch for whatever sleights I may be performing or etc.) I just turn on the hot water and run them under for a little. Then I vigorously dry, again to get some blood flowing, and to make sure there's no water on my hands when I pick up the deck, or whatever I may be doing.

I don't know if that'll help you, but it sure works for me! Feels good anyways, ahaha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results