How's Smoke going?

Oct 14, 2009
So Smoke has been around for a few months now. For all of you who have had it for a while, what reactions have you received with it? Also, is your gimmick/cartridges holding out okay?

For me, I've gotten great reactions and have performed it for so many people thanks to its practicality. As for my gimmick, I will need refills soon. I like to have as big a cloud of smoke as possible, so (at least for my cartridges) it seems that clouds become thinner around puff 50, which is when I resort to a new cartridge. One thing I spoke to the support crew about was battery life; although I and they have yet to have any problems with battery life (according to a September email, but, for me, I still haven't had any problems). I charge the battery approximately once a week, but sometimes not for a while if I don't think I will perform it for a while. But a week is when I feel it needs another charge (it charges about 30 minutes to fully charge for me). How often do you guys charge your gimmicks? And have you found any patters with the gimmick (like I have found with the size of the cloud and charge time of one week).

Anyway, I just thought I would keep alive discussion on a great trick and make sure that it's being performed responsibly and professionally by taking care of the gimmick.

Oct 14, 2009
Just to clear up what I mean about battery life: With each charge, the battery life cycle most likely decreases slightly. I have yet to have a problem with a shortened battery life.

Apologies for any confusion.

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
So Smoke has been around for a few months now. For all of you who have had it for a while, what reactions have you received with it? Also, is your gimmick/cartridges holding out okay?

For me, I've gotten great reactions and have performed it for so many people thanks to its practicality. As for my gimmick, I will need refills soon. I like to have as big a cloud of smoke as possible, so (at least for my cartridges) it seems that clouds become thinner around puff 50, which is when I resort to a new cartridge. One thing I spoke to the support crew about was battery life; although I and they have yet to have any problems with battery life (according to a September email, but, for me, I still haven't had any problems). I charge the battery approximately once a week, but sometimes not for a while if I don't think I will perform it for a while. But a week is when I feel it needs another charge (it charges about 30 minutes to fully charge for me). How often do you guys charge your gimmicks? And have you found any patters with the gimmick (like I have found with the size of the cloud and charge time of one week).

Anyway, I just thought I would keep alive discussion on a great trick and make sure that it's being performed responsibly and professionally by taking care of the gimmick.

That sounds kind of "exposure-ey"

Just sayin'

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Yet it will take the mystery out of their life. As magicians, couldn't we use more of those?

Apr 1, 2009
California
While I am hesitant to use anything electric in my performance.. Smoke is a beautiful thing... While I'm still practicing it, timing wise... It has gotten me some of the greatest reactions yet. IT's different than a card trick. It gets you a stunned silent reaction every time. EVEN if they figured it out... the visual is so impossible and beautiful that the reaction is good no matter what... It's a great image to leave with your audience. I charge once or twice a week... never yet changed cartridges.

Oct 14, 2009
I find myself to be pretty liberal with the cartridges, as I discard them if, even after a full charge, the smoke is weak. So being that Asher is on the same cartridge and Blindside is on the same charge, how thick are the two of you guys' smoke now and are you picky with the size of your smoke like I am? :)
Anyone else can feel free to chime in, too. :)

Apr 1, 2009
California
the smoke is still fairly thick. depending on what I do of course. But I'm not picky. This goes back to another philosophy of mine, that I read somewhere. Where smaller is often times stronger and more believable. But that's a different conversation. As long as smoke comes out of my mouth, I'm happy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results