I am sorry Lee Asher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2755

Was there a point to this thread? Everyone can have an opinion, but was an entire new thread necessary?

I don't own any of Lee Asher's products, but from what I've seen, his products are very fairly priced. Of course, that's just my opinion.

As for his decks, I predicted that price. Think about how much money it costs Lee to just produce them and have them shipped here. First the cards are manufactured in Europe by a very high quality card printer. The cards are then shipped to wherever Lee stores his products. The decks are then shipped to you. There are many cost factors in there that Lee has to overcome himself to put them out. Don't forget, Lee's not the only one that has to profit off of these. The printer also has to profit or they wouldn't even be doing these decks.

As for people bashing the design, I've yet to see a valid reason to bash. Really. You can easily see that time was put into the design. It's just that because it has a vintage style, I think people are thinking that not a lot of time was put into the deck. I disagree strongly. Heck, I love the design! Totally my style.

Anyway, $10 is a lot of money for a deck of cards. That is not deniable. Even so, I may get some someday just to try them out. I only perform with Bikes though because I can get them for $1 each at Costco and I'm constantly ripping up cards or having them signed. So I can't afford to spend $10 on a deck of cards. Of course, others are different.

Overall, this thread is off topic and meaningless. Lee Asher's store has nothing to do with Theory 11's. If you feel the need to bash Lee, then do so by sending him an e-mail. Personally, I'm a fan of what Lee releases. I just won't be buying his cards (or a lot of them anyway).

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results