I could use some quick advise

Jul 30, 2011
I was carrying a deck of sentinels around with me today and a joe porper classic clip. Although the clip kinda messes the box up i didn't care cause it's about the cards inside the box. BUT when i took my clip out of my pocket and took the cards out to get some practice in between classes, to my dismay, i noticed that the cards had that "click" to them. idk if this is warping or what.

Is there anything i can do to "correct" the cards? or is it a lost cause?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, using them will remove that click bend. You can also take the deck, turn half of it over, faro them together, then leave them in the Porper overnight. That usually does the trick for me.

Usually this happens with excessive heat exposure. I remember I left a deck in my dashboard at the beach and they were so warped I could not use them, brand new deck wrecked. The thing to fix this would be to try carrying them less if your pocket, maybe a bag or if you have looser pants the back pocket? Think of cards like a pet, would you want a living animal living in your pocket all day dying of heat? Bad analogy I know, it gets the point across though. I obviously killed my pet in the dashboard of my car ;)

Jul 30, 2011
thanks for all advice everybody. Ive been using the deck pretty heavily over the last few days and the click has worked out of the cards. I no longer carry decks in my pockets, even if they are in a clip. i just put them in my bag.

Sep 9, 2011
If you have the time, you could use this old Vernon trick. He claims that he got this technique from a few old gamblers back in his time. Here's what you need to do. Take your warped deck, and cut the deck exactly in 2 piles, 26-26 (27-27 if you have jokers). Then, execute a perfect faro face-up into face-down. If you can't do this, simply deal the deck face-up, face-down, face-up, and so on. After that, place the cards back in the box, and place them in the vegetable compartment of your refrigerator. Wait a few days, or at least overnight if you're really impatient. Take them out of the frig and let it set for about 30 mins-1 hour. If I'm not mistaken, you should not have a dog clicker by the time you're done.

Thanks,

Brandon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results