I have 17 dollars

Aug 6, 2017
I have 17 dollars to spend. I want to buy something where i can learn. Tell me what I should get.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
What do you want to buy? As in what type of product? Card, Coin, Ring, Gimmick or not, Standalone effect, a move, or what?

Aug 6, 2017
What do you want to buy? As in what type of product? Card, Coin, Ring, Gimmick or not, Standalone effect, a move, or what?
good point. I should make it more specific lol. I want card, gimmick or not(don't care), and move, technique or trick don't care.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
good point. I should make it more specific lol. I want card, gimmick or not(don't care), and move, technique or trick don't care.
Well there are a on of things you can buy. Your gonna have to be a bit more specific.

You could probably buy a book (or 2). Which one's do you have so far?

Some of my favorite Products: Angle Z by Daniel Madison ($15 DVD), The Advocate by Daniel Madison ($15 DVD), Paul Harris's LVL$ ($10), TnR Transpo by David Williamson ($20, just a bit over $17), any of Jason England's Tutorials (~$10), Blake Vogt's Reform looks Amazing (though I don't have it) ($17). They are all great, and there are others you can find too.

I would probably suggest buying some non-card stuff though, seeing as it is a lot more organic and a bigger bang for your buck when it's under $20 (a lot more options out on the market too).

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
My suggestion? Nothing.

If there's not something you specifically want and have plans for, save the money and you'll be able to get something even bigger/better down the road.

Aug 6, 2017
Well there are a on of things you can buy. Your gonna have to be a bit more specific.

You could probably buy a book (or 2). Which one's do you have so far?

Some of my favorite Products: Angle Z by Daniel Madison ($15 DVD), The Advocate by Daniel Madison ($15 DVD), Paul Harris's LVL$ ($10), TnR Transpo by David Williamson ($20, just a bit over $17), any of Jason England's Tutorials (~$10), Blake Vogt's Reform looks Amazing (though I don't have it) ($17). They are all great, and there are others you can find too.

I would probably suggest buying some non-card stuff though, seeing as it is a lot more organic and a bigger bang for your buck when it's under $20 (a lot more options out on the market too).
All of that sounds good. I personally don't find coins and other stuff that interesting at least not yet.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
All of that sounds good. I personally don't find coins and other stuff that interesting at least not yet.
Laymen don't find every card trick interesting. A lot of Card Tricks are pretty Dull. That isn't to say that Card Magic is bad at all, but if the presentation sucks, and the trick seems like an active challenge to the spectator, it sucks.
Coins, Rings, Bills, Rubber Bands, Mentalism, and other stuff seems a lot more Organic than cards. If you can make your card magic seem entertaining and even organic, go for it.

But hey, you do you.

Aug 6, 2017
Books, books, books!

You could probably get Expert Card Technique AND Royal Road used for $17.
Ive got both. Ill tell you what I have and could you give me a good idea for something? I also kind want to learn a little mentalism.

I have the two you named
encyclopedia of card magic
harry lorayne close up card magic
all 5 card college books
all 5 apocalypse books
a ton of dai vernon stuff i havent gotten into
all the card manipulations by hugard

these are just what I have. I haven't read all of them yet.

now that I think about it is have so many books lol- i honestly should stick do these and wait. Unless you have some mentalism books to recommend?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Get Mark Wilson's Complete Course

As for Mentalism:
Practical Mental Magic by Theodore Annemann
and/or Self Working Mentalism by Karl Fulves.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Apocalypse is pure gold. Spend some time with those books (I'm pretty sure there are only 3 books). Save the $17 !to buy any props you need to do the routines you find.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results