I have an awesome trick...

but what should I do with it? I don't want anyone to steal it so all I am going to say is it is extremely visual and there is nothing like it on the market. The only problem is I have no idea what to do with it. Should I submit it to T11 or E? Or maybe I could make more money on a site of my own? Tell me what to do! lol I am stuck between two companies and I am desperate.

Did you just create it? Or have you been performing and fine tuning it for years?

If you just created take the time to see what works and what doesn't and get the presentation down. The Magic community does not need another Dan Army.

Luis

I have worked on the theory for months, I have just started taking it out about 3 weeks ago. It is a gimmick which does add some harder situations in finding the right materials. Thats really the only thing holding me back right now.

Sep 1, 2007
I would send it to E and theory11 without the method and work on it with either if it works out. But thats just me. Some people have this idea of instead of possibly making a lot of money, they'd keep the secret. Thats not me.

But its your choice:
Money or the possibility of being all over youtube

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I would do what Wayne said.
Video tape yourself of a performance now, and keep practicing it for a year. Then go back to the video tape to see how much you've improved.

Chances are that there could be an added twist to your trick, or maybe it's too long of an effect. So perform it a bunch of times to see what you can add to it and/or take away.

Don't send it in yet. Months isn't enough. Give it a year. Go out and perform it. Keep on performing it again and again. Work the little bits out of it, so it's the purest and best effect that it could be. Find little subtelties to make the effect better and better.

And send it to whatever company you want to send it to. Also, it's not all about the money. Don't choose the site that will give you the biggest royalty. Use a site that you think is ethical, and is helping the magic community. The last thing you want to do is for your product to have Magic Makers written on it.

Also, think about the fact that if you send it to E, T11 or any other big magic site, it has a high chance for Youtube magicians getting there hands on it and spitting on your prouct. And remeber, to not just do it for the money or to get your name out there. Do it if you want to genuinely release a quality product to the public. And remember, once it's released, the public will have access to your gem and you won't be the only one performing it anymore.

But don't rush. Your too eager to get it out on the market. Go and perform. Atleast a year. Write down nyour experiences. Write down the parts that need improving, or how to improve the angles or make a bigger impact.

Also REASEARCH. Put in as much research as you can. Ask the help of other honest and wise magicians. Describe or write the method out to a magician that you trust, maybe even a T11 artist. There are a lot that are willing to help you research and see if your method is original. Original meaning, there isn't even a close variation of this trick. If you see something that you think is your trick,, Email the creator your method and check.

I'm not doubting your effect, but working on an effect for months, is an effect that is definately not ready. Keep working. It always needs improvement.

Don't send it in yet. Months isn't enough. Give it a year. Go out and perform it. Keep on performing it again and again. Work the little bits out of it, so it's the purest and best effect that it could be. Find little subtelties to make the effect better and better.

And send it to whatever company you want to send it to. Also, it's not all about the money. Don't choose the site that will give you the biggest royalty. Use a site that you think is ethical, and is helping the magic community. The last thing you want to do is for your product to have Magic Makers written on it.

Also, think about the fact that if you send it to E, T11 or any other big magic site, it has a high chance for Youtube magicians getting there hands on it and spitting on your prouct. And remeber, to not just do it for the money or to get your name out there. Do it if you want to genuinely release a quality product to the public. And remember, once it's released, the public will have access to your gem and you won't be the only one performing it anymore.

But don't rush. Your too eager to get it out on the market. Go and perform. Atleast a year. Write down nyour experiences. Write down the parts that need improving, or how to improve the angles or make a bigger impact.

Also REASEARCH. Put in as much research as you can. Ask the help of other honest and wise magicians. Describe or write the method out to a magician that you trust, maybe even a T11 artist. There are a lot that are willing to help you research and see if your method is original. Original meaning, there isn't even a close variation of this trick. If you see something that you think is your trick,, Email the creator your method and check.

I'm not doubting your effect, but working on an effect for months, is an effect that is definately not ready. Keep working. It always needs improvement.

Thank-you so much for your advise! I will definetly work on it until it gets perfect! I think I might even e-mail an artist asking for there judgement! Thanks again!

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Why would you want to publish it?!?!
Why wouldn't you keep it to yourself, perfecting it, and possibly even amazing magicians with it. Most of the professionals keep something to themselves. You could use it in competitions, for example.

And don't perfect it just to sell it. Perfect it for yourself. Work on it. Try to build a bigger routine around it, to see if that works. Think what else you can do with the method. Card change could be also used as a force, for example. Or as a control. Vanish can easily became a change. And don't think only about visual effects, non-visual applications can be very effective.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results