I need help selecting a flourish

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I've been racking my head and looking everywhere and I can't figure it out. I need to find a one-handed flourish. Reason is that I'm trying to do a one-shot of 3 one-hand flourishes, back to back. I have one flourish ('Muse Cut'), but I can't find seem to blend any flourishes that flow right after that--despite it ending in Mechanics Grip. With the criteria I have for it, I'm out of ideas. I very much need the help of you experienced sorts for this as I have an odd criteria going for it.

1) the flourish can only be done with one hand, my left hand can't be used whatsoever.

2) the flourish needs to start in Mechanics Grip or in a modified Mechanics Grip (I'm thinking 'Scissor Cut' when I say 'modified mechanics', I could be wrong in terminology).

3) at the end of the flourish, the card on top must be different than when it started. Sounds funny, I know. Basically no false cuts. But I did recently but 'Collection 3' just for 'Flatiron'. Turns out, when you make the triangle display, the outermost card of the display is the top card of the deck when it first started. That's where that sort of goofy criteria is referring to.

4) it can't be 'Erdnase Go Round', 'Rinzler', or 'Muse Cut'. As they will be used in the video

Would any other additions information help?
If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 9, 2013
If you do Judo Flip then you are in position to do Pivitol which was recently added to the Wire I think. However Judo Flip and Muse are kind of the same so you could probably do something original or completely unoriginal (deck flip). I don't know exactly what flourishes you know but if you are stuck I would definitely suggest creating a new one handed flourish, and if you need inspiration with that I would look through Oliver and Tobias' instagrams. Good luck!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you very much!

I've been trying to make a new flourish that starts at Mechanics, but I'm not sure if they are worth the time
or not. The one I'm messing around with has almost the same start as 'Rinzler', but instead of flipping over the top card off the deck and working with that, you flip over a small packet of cards and end up making a triangle display. When you fold the packet back together, you combine 2 of the packets (the ones that go face down), and you're left with the one that is face up. In a similar fashion as a 'deck flip', you spring the remaining packet and it lands face down on the deck.

I just started doing it two days ago, the logistics seem to work, I need to work with better finger placement and efficiency. I don't know. Not sure if it's worth the time or not.

Here's all the flourishes I know:

Charlie's Cut
Revolution Cut (not sure which version)
Muse Cut
One Hand Shuffle
Teachwrap
Erdnase Go Round
Deck Flip (1, 1 1/2, and 2 full revolution spins)
Meer
Backpack
Rinzler
Flatiron

Ones I'm learning:
Flicker
One-Card Twirl
Thumb Cut
French Manicure
'Quad Backpack'

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
What's a Quad Backpack? That sounds difficult.

You're doing 'Backpack', but you end up making a square display in the back on your hand. Andrei Jihk's has a video of it in Youtube.

Backpack, by itself, is nutty difficult. I've been trying to do the square display for a few days now, and it's shown me that my handing could be much much steadier for just doing the regular Backpack.

If you like a challenge, do Backpack. Just be ready to drop your deck A LOT

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results