Idea for Theory11

Oct 11, 2007
I feel the products that theory 11 comes out with are fantastic, and i was thinking what would be something that people would buy without even thinking about it. If theory 11 could come out with a closeup dvd with all the members on it and them performing 2 awesome like walk around tricks that they use all the time that hasn't already been put on theory 11. Do you agree? I know i would buy it without even thinking about it. I am just hoping for an all around killer dvd with stuff that is useful hardhitting and gets used all the time instead of just one hit wonders/meaning like the buy 1 trick and get a miracle. Thats great and all because the tricks here are truly great but with a collaboration effort that would just be sick, in a good way:) ... whats your ideas?

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
So the idea is, a compendium of effects by a group of really talented performers/creators?

That would be mint, I for one would buy it (and i rarely purchase magic- I work on my own material too much!)

CL

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com
i second that. i would buy it with pretty much no questions asked. it would be awesome to have them all together in the dvd. like a round table get together, each talking about there theorys and ideas on what they like, dislike, and use for walk up or street magic. which then would lead to open dissussions with each other on what works or not(like in CONTROL where wayne and garcia talk and perform....that was sooooo friggin awesome and hilarious at the same time). each artist has his or own tastes on what style and preference they use and along with dislikes about how there used(watch Daniel Madisons Manifesto vid in the theory 11 vid section for an example. some in the forums agree with him and others dont).

this is just an idea, but getting these guys together with some magic on a dvd and showing us who and what they are as a magician/performer, in front of all the other guys(styles, ideas, personalities will clash), with a walk up/street magic trick or two, is gold for me. i have a few theory 11 vids, but the best parts for me in them are when the artist sits down 1 on 1(or in Controls part 2 on 1) and just talks to you. tells you about them, there history, why they do what they do........or in wayne and garicas case, makes you laugh your ass off while showing you how to do a really awesome trick(those two really need to do more together). but, this project could be an instant classic.....or a complete disaster. regardless on how it may come out, to me, it could be one of the greatest reflections of the current magic scene that all of us can relate too.

Sep 1, 2007
Another cool idea would be every month or whatever to put out a Theory11 Session for either 1 on 1 or media section and just have a 10 minute vid of all the members sitting down and talking about presentational ideas etc.

Oct 11, 2007
well i would pay up to $100 for a 3 volume comprehensive hard hitting collaboration dvd. All closeup useful stuff thats different then we see everywhere else ...exactly what theory 11 is about. And hopefully its about progressing the art and new theories on magic that progresses us all. isn't that what theory 11 is about furthering our magic genre? It is possible to do ...its just if they would due to maybe your right they make more money doing 1 on 1's. I am personally a person who never ever buys them. There are good ones out there but personally i buy bulk material and like big volumes of great material. FOR EXAMPLE: 3 volume set by Ben Earl. GOLDEN MATERIAL!

well i would pay up to $100 for a 3 volume comprehensive hard hitting collaboration dvd. All closeup useful stuff thats different then we see everywhere else ...exactly what theory 11 is about. And hopefully its about progressing the art and new theories on magic that progresses us all. isn't that what theory 11 is about furthering our magic genre? It is possible to do ...its just if they would due to maybe your right they make more money doing 1 on 1's. I am personally a person who never ever buys them. There are good ones out there but personally i buy bulk material and like big volumes of great material. FOR EXAMPLE: 3 volume set by Ben Earl. GOLDEN MATERIAL!

Yes but when have there been bulk material from many people all contributing their ideas? The project CAN happen but probably won't.

~PaCo

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
not to sure about that.... yes the idea is great but we have to keep in mind that t11 is also a business and they need profit to make things around here last... i'd rather sell them individually so i can make more profit...who knows??? but i don't think it will materialize in the near future....

-neco

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results