If my effect is declined.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Well I would have asked for feedback within the initial e-mail. Alternatively send it to some other magicians from the forums and ask for advice, they'd be more than happy to help.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
If i submitted something to the wire and it gets declined, will I be told why it was declined?

Hey FourLeafClowVer!

Not always. The Wire team reviews LOTS of submissions. Because of this they do not always leave specific feedback about why your trick was declined. If there is an easy fix for your trick (ie your preview video had a spelling error and it needs fixing) they will let you know so you can fix this, but the Wire team is unable to leave feedback for all submissions.

The best thing for you to do is to show your trick to other people (magicians and non-magicians) before you submit it. Get feedback there. If you came up with the trick last week, you aren't ready to submit it. Practice, perform, improve, repeat. The information you need to improve your trick is not going to come from an email rejection letter from The Wire. The info you need to improve is going to come from the people you perform for. Get as much of that information as possible and use it to improve your trick before you submit to The Wire.

Have an awesome week!

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks for the tips :) i suppose i should point out that it was a flourish, that i have worked on, changed, and gotten smooth over time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results