IHTSS Shift

Apr 17, 2013
would like to see this in a wide angle shot. Something that looks real world.

magicman21

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
would like to see this in a wide angle shot. Something that looks real world.

Agreed. I purposely shot it like this so everyone can get a close up of my hands, not getting that close as to provide video cover. It looks exactly the same from a wide angle shot, but a lot of people want to scrutinize and get up close.

Yeah and if you're generous maybe we can see some footage of actual spectator's reactions.

That would be pointless IMO. That's like doing a Cascade Control to show their card came on top. They would be reacting to their card coming to the top rather than the method used to get the card there. I shot this as an example of the shift, in performance, I wouldn't draw any attention to it as in the end all I'm doing is pushing their card into the deck.

Cheers,

Apr 17, 2013
Agreed. I purposely shot it like this so everyone can get a close up of my hands, not getting that close as to provide video cover. It looks exactly the same from a wide angle shot, but a lot of people want to scrutinize and get up close.

That would be pointless IMO. That's like doing a Cascade Control to show their card came on top. They would be reacting to their card coming to the top rather than the method used to get the card there. I shot this as an example of the shift, in performance, I wouldn't draw any attention to it as in the end all I'm doing is pushing their card into the deck.

Cheers,

No we are asking to see it in a real world setting. That is not pointless.

magicman21

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I gotcha; I have preformed this for many years for both magicians and laymen. I would love to do prove to you that it has very real and strong real world applications, but who am I for you to trust just my word on it? And what is a move that can't be used in the real world? That would be a pointless one! Haha.

I'm gunna go on a little sob story here: I used to preform all the time to a to anyone I could; and over the years my goals have changed to designing tricks and sleights. I now only perform for very close friends and magicians, sharing my ideas and thoughts. I'm planning on doing something with this shift in the near future, and hopefully it will adress your concerns/doubts with it!

Until then, mid terms are my top priority at the moment. And the point of this thread was to share my ideA and get some feed back: and I thank you for that.

Cheers,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results