I'm confused.

i know the rule is no exposure,but if u made a trick can u reveal it,since you are the creator ?

That, as well as plain out piracy is a very touchy subject. Because you have to think about it...if a trick involves shapeshifter and you reveal how to do it, it's still exposing. So, your actually revealing secret moves as well as a routine although you made it up. So I believe in SOME circumstances it's okay like, it's your own gimmick or you don't use 10,000 sleights. Also you don't just modify a trick like Stigmata and say "I actually write the persons full name not the initials so that makes it different and it's my trick."

It all depends on the point of view, and what you personally believe is right and wrong. I think personally that, in some cases it's alright if you make it but, there is times where your revealing a lot of published moves. Again very touchy but that's what I think.

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
It's better to stray on the safe side, and not reveal effects, even if they are yours -- as, there is no way of knowing whether an effect, which is being revealed, is an effect that has been truly invented by the person revealing it.

Therefore, while I understand that you would like to share your knowledge and spread your invented magic to other members, just to be safe, do not reveal any effects, whether they are your effects or not.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
still...I don't zsee anything wrong with it...IF it is 100% your creation, with no copyrighted moves.
I've helped begginner mentalisits with getting a foothold on suggestion a LOT becuase All of the books are expensive, and i see nothing wrong wiht it, I make sure that they get the right books and such.

Well, to each his own...no?

D

Deleted member 2755

I would say that as long as it is your creation with no sleights that were made by other people who want credit for it, then it is up to you. If I were you however, I would not reveal the trick because that is what makes it magical. Instead record a video if you performing it, upload it on Theory 11, make us all beg you to teach it to us, and instead of telling us go "HA! I win! Blame Doug, he told me not to tell you and make fun of you guys for not knowing!"

-Doug

(actually... lets not blame me...:D)

But why would you want to? Wouldn't you want to hang on to it and keep it for yourself?

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

I agree with that, but how about like a simple card trick where all you would have to do is pass then palm and you could do something amazing. Or something that involves shapeshifter. Things like that, because I've made up numerous unique impromptu card tricks and I would like to reveal them in a way to the world but I don't want to be a pest and reveal sleights. So it's stuff like that, and it's always up the the creators judgement if it should be revealed or not.

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
hmmmm guys kinda missed it.
and HELL YA I'm keepin my effects...well most of them.

Otherwise, I'll expose some lower working material to some friends here and there, in mentalisim of course, becuase it is my forte. I'll help begginner "suggesters" with getting into it, of course. I won't ive them some of my msot prized routines...of course not! But I would give it to a friend who had asked, and proven himself to not expose it, and continue magic/mentalisim...and usually I get a pretty sweet trick myself!:D

Get those creative...erm juices?....flowing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results