Impromptu Invisble Ignition

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Here's a short video of my Impromptu Invisible Ignition, or "III" for short. This is something I've been using for about 3 years and it's a great, effective way of invisibly lighting flash paper with one hand and no gimmicks. It is based on an effect I read in an old issue of The Linking Ring, and while I'm not certain, I believe it is credited to Alain Nu (If someone could confirm this, that would be great!)

I believe 'G' of SM Productionz also has a similar idea, but both are independent creations. I would love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi1WwCqcqpk

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Looks cool. Nice ditch of the lighter from the left hand onto the floor though. You can "hear" it hit the floor. Just keep it palmed.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Thanks for your thoughts Rick! I noticed the sound of the lighter falling, but didn't think it mattered so much as that's something I wouldn't ever do in the real world because that's obviously not a practical way of ditching a palmed object... I'm not really sure why I did it in the video, but the purpose was just to demo the ignition system :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I was beginning to think the same thing. I would produce something odd that has nothing to do with flame / fire. Produce something that ties right into your next effect. Cards, coins, a sharpie, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results