impromptu surrounded everyday objects tricks ?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Why would you want to perform surrounded? As far as impromptu goes.. look up rubber band magic. A good majority of it is stuff you can just grab a rubber band and start doing it.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As Randy has stated, you need to head towards rubber band magic. They are easy to carry and can be performed completely surrounded in most cases. Look up Crazy Man's Handcuff's, Traveling Cash, the Touch DVD, and many many others.

You may also want to look into ring and string routines as these take up little pocket space and can create miracles.
Gregor Wilson's Ring Leader or Jay Scott Berry have nice routines.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I would say that Crazy mans Hand cuffs is probably one the better routines you can do, because it falls into the category of being easy for the spectator to easily remember later on. And because Michael Ammar and guys like Dan Harlan are still doing it in their professional shows and have been for decades. So that has to be a major plus for it.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
i want to buy a killer effect that uses everyday items ?
any recommendations ??

First of all any effect can be "Killer" IF YOU make it such; it's not the trick it's all up to you and how you execute it.

Secondly, I'm better on a hunch here, but you probably haven't invested a great deal of time into learning your slight-of-hand, have you?

Had you done such, even if it's just the basics, you would be able to wow people using everyday items without any hesitation. I've watched Bill Malone do such things when he was a skinny pimple-faced kid in Chicago (he was quite goofy looking in those days with his bushy afro and all). So challenge yourself to learn the basics first, so you don't have to waste money on individual effects. Learn how to read vs. watching videos and make yourself learn from books in that this is where you will find those "killer effects" -- solid pieces that others probably aren't doing.

Sep 2, 2007
London
i want to buy a killer effect that uses everyday items ?
any recommendations ??

Yes, learn coin magic.

People will cite Bobo's Modern Coin Magic to you as the Bible of coin magic but performers were wowing audiences with this stuff way before that was published in 1952. So, I'd recommend Edwin Sachs' Sleight of Hand. As well as all the coin magic you'll need to get started, there's some crazy card sleights that no-one (magician or laymen) is likely to have seen live, stuff with cups and balls and other small objects, and even some "sham clairvoyance" and other mental magic. If you come out the other end of that with no killer effects that use everyday items, then you're doing it wrong! Have fun!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results