Impromptu tricks at school

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Does anyone know any good tricks to perform at school. I'm not talking about bringing a deck of cards to school, I'm talking about using practical stuff like a ring someone would be wearing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

Oct 13, 2007
School Magic

You can always do the ring thing to borrow a ring, maybe do sinful if you have a can and a coin available i usually do cards and coin tricks but not lately cause my index finger is jammed badly and purple but thats another story. Also if you carry around loops you can do it with there sun glasses (even thats not so impromptu) but those are some ideas. PM me for more ideas :).

Oct 18, 2007
Yep, loops are the way to go. The objects you move can be borrowed and it's a pretty powerful thing when you move someone's pen without touching it. =]

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
8 card brainwave, dough, dime and penny, rubbermade. Balducci. 360 arm twist. David Copperfield hand trick is good. A lot of people is good when doing the hand trick. I guess thats it.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Here are some suggestions:

• Wayne Houchin - Sinful
  • Joe Russell - Disjointed
  • Greg Rostami - Stuck
  • Ben Seidman - iVanish
or bring a deck and do lots more... :D

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
What's wrong with bringing a deck of cards to school? It would make your life a whole lot easier.

Anyway, for school, I think Impromtu Mentalism effects are the way to go.

Sep 3, 2007
Some awesome ones from the DanielGarciaProject
Joe Blow
Quarters
Rubber Made
Chi

Loops are also a good idea. I would sugest money stuff. Quarters are always useful.
An excellent thought would be pickpocket magic, jack all is needed for that.

Mentalist stuff is good, but it takes a LOT of practice, and confidense, which, being in school, would make any trick harder, trying to accomplish mentalism would leave you dead in the water.

Also One of my personal favorites is to write things on paper and put the paper in there pockets. It's not really magic, but really fun to do, gets you into all sorts of hilarious situations. I also like to get into peoples lockers, by what ever means necessary for example, they leave it open, or you know there combo, take all there stuff and put it in someone elses, or an empty locker somewhere, im sure your school has tons. leave the person clues as to where the stuff might be, like single numbers, and in the wrong order.

Fun stuff makes for interesting times.
One other thing to think about, if you guess something, and your wrong, people will easily forget, but if you guess something, and your right, it will stick with them, so practice just guessing ****, and you'll get better and choosing the right stuff. Gives a really cool impression of you.

rather off topic by the end of this, but just some cool stuff to think about while you're going through the motions of school... which can be a real dragggg........

Anything with cards will get their blood flowing, but a loop on the arm will make 'em faint. If you really want impromptu things, coins and mentalism are the way to go... I have done Joe Blow before and it's actually really fun if you present it the right way!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I do bring cards to school, but I'm starting to get sick of it. Plus it's a hassel carrying my cell, ipod, lanyard rolled up, and a deck in my pockets. My pants like bulge up lol.

Using loops would be a good idea. As far as using mentalism goes, I don't know any tricks that involve that.

Sinful is kind of messy, so I don't perform that at school, plus I don't want to waste a perfectly good pepsi. (at a BBQ, that's fine because there's a lot of cans)

I don't have DGP, so I'm not familiar with any of those effects.

What I'm looking for is something that's impossible to mess up and a trick that can be done 360 degrees.
Again- loops is good, but is there anything else?

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Coin-throughs would be nice I guess, not just sinful, but like coin through drinking glass or water bottle, I can't recommend any one since I don't have any but from the spectators point of view (in this case mine) you taking out a coin and like drinking glass or bottle, and doing the trick would be cool.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results