Improving Panic

Nov 11, 2007
I just want to make it clear that I am not attempting to undermine Panic. I think it is an awesome trick with minimal flaws, if any. Ben Harris came out with an improved P.H. style vanishing deck called, Exit 51 a few years ago. I just wanted to tip everyone off that when you apply the gimmick used in Exit 51 with the gimmick in Panic, the results are the absolute perfect illusion for the Panic effect, along with better angle coverage. You will literally fool yourself in the mirror.
With that being said, once again, Panic is a great trick on its own and can obviously be performed by its original handling. I just thought the Panic/Exit 51 discovery was too good not to mention.

Sep 1, 2007
Would love to know something of what the "Exit 51" is.

I actually bought panic and was somewhat disappointed at the angular sensitivity of the gimmick, as well as the fact that you have to spread it somewhat awkwardly.

I was thinking of combining it with David Regal's "Disposable Deck" to make the effect more realistic.

But then, I thought, why not just do "disposable deck" instead? hehe ... now I'm wondering when/if I will ever use "PANIC" in a performance.

Nov 11, 2007
I wanna be careful with exposure here but Exit 51 is a trick where the spec picks a card and you vanish the entire deck except that card. I don't like the handling of the trick, however the gimmick is ingenious and is very similar to the P.H. vanishing deck in that you can show the front edge of the cards. The gimmick is easy to construct too. I only used it a couple of times but now that Panic came out, it is as if the the two effects were meant for each other.
I know what you talking about how the handling and angles in Panic can be a bit akward, however Exit 51 eliminates that and makes for the spreading sequence in Panic a lot more smooth. Plus you have nothing to hide, you simply show the deck in your hands, spread the cards, and vanish.
Ben Harris's website is www.wowbound.com. I'm not sure if he still sells Exit but it is probably still there.

Oct 6, 2007
Wow....all this stuff about Exit 51 sounds awesome.

But how does Exit 51 combined with Panic make everything so much better? Could someone elaborate in more detail about what you'd see if you combined both gimmicks?

Jus more detail please, Thanks! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results