In search of original description of very old sleight of hand please help

Jul 10, 2018
My Introduction to magic was the amateur magicians handbook by Henry Hay at a young age on a recent trip to powells book store in portland oregon they had a original copy. I studied sleight of hand for about 12 yrs, but lost touch as an adult with this passion of mine. I bought this book with one routine in mind an original favorite that literally left everyone speechless when performed. English magician Stanley Collins is credited with a description of this routine. "you deal the four aces face up, an three indifferent cards face up on each ace. Turning each packet over, you draw the cards from the bottom, and again lay them face up on the table. The aces have vanished completely. This is the closest description I can find but I know I learned this routine form this book but it is not in here for some reason now? or hidden in plain sight. Because I remember the queens being used an 3 of the 4 queens were double faced with an indifferent card. an not using double lifts as describe with Collins. The effect can only be pulled off with gimmicked cards because the queens vanish from the spectators hands an into another there are 4 piles with 4 spectators an they vanish into a spectators hands I remember having people run an scream with shock an awe. In the original patter an showmanship they talked of invisibly moving the queens to anothers hands. I just want the original description from the original book for ol times sake. Any help would be much appreciated. an thank you in advance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results