In Thought

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Nice job dude! I liked it. I like the patter, but I think you shorten it up a bit. You talked for almost 2 minutes before you even started the trick. It didn't bother me, but laymen don't have that long of an attention span.

Aug 18, 2008
Work on the count in the beginning it was a bit shaky, also work on the palm, and smooth out the patter. But it was a great reset good job man thanks for sharing.

Jul 25, 2008
haha thanks i wrote the patter in spanish class lol and ya the palm is usually done with misdirection which is hard to do on camera but thats alot!! its reall appricated

Aug 31, 2007
Your patter didn't really make much sense. The stuff about color was all wrong. It has nothing to do with what we've "been told about our life." Something has color because it absorbs visible light which consists of em radiation with wavelengths ranging from 400-700nm. Whatever is not absorbed is reflected and that is what receptors in our eyes pick up.

And check 3:07ish.

Jan 30, 2009
I didn't like it. Mostly because you don't sound very well read on the concepts you are trying to explain. It reminded me of "That 70's Show", but unfunny. You came off as somebody forcing a character. Also I have always hated that color argument.

Your patter didn't really make much sense. The stuff about color was all wrong. It has nothing to do with what we've "been told about our life." Something has color because it absorbs visible light which consists of em radiation with wavelengths ranging from 400-700nm. Whatever is not absorbed is reflected and that is what receptors in our eyes pick up.

And check 3:07ish.

Well..... I'm colour blind, so I see different colours to everyone else, it's often theorised that the colours I see are not even possible to be seen by others.

Sep 3, 2007
Cut the BS. Unless you can make it really entertaining like Whit Haydn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWSEi--Nec

____
Say something like:

What is reality?

What's real, what's not?

It's all based on our beliefs. There are things we know are true, things we think are true, and things we want to be true.

They all affect how we perceive things.

This is all kinda complicated so let me use these cards as a concrete example...
____

There you go

Shorter, simpler, same idea, and without bringing up sensitive stuff like God.

If you or anyone else wants to use this, please PM me first.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results