Include flourishes to card magic

May 13, 2011
Hey, guys this is my first post here at T11 forums.
I want to ask you guys how can I include more flourishes in my card magic. I mean I do flourishes but always beetween the effects. How can I include them so my effects will be more 'flashy' as the Bucks said. The majority of my tricks are from the E bundle (HTDSM, CC1/2, Ninja1/2, IM1/2), but also DG projects, WH stuff, Trilogy, System and things like those.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
If including flourishes to your card magic is the route you want to take you can do as Chris said and use flourishes that are false cuts or top packet controls to keep their card to the top. I have a sybilism that is a top packet retention that I sometimes use as a "fancy" cut/shuffle to lose their card in the deck. Sometimes I use a D&D molecule cut. I'll also use PopSybil as a means to produce a card or the hotshot cut. I don't always use flourishes in my card work though as for some spectators the tricks hit harder if it looks like I don't really know how to handle the cards that well. At first I come across as unassuming but then hit them with something incredible. If they already see that I'm very skilled with the deck they'll be expecting something amazing and then it becomes about me and the deck rather than the effect. It all really depends on who I'm performing for. In bars I find it very advantageous to use a little flourishing as eye candy to keep them hooked when patter is drowned out by music or crowd noise. The main thing is to read your audience. Sometimes you'll be better to leave the flouishing out of the routine.

Cheers!

May 13, 2011
thanks for the advice and I see what you mean, but when I see for example the Buck brothers I just say to myself 'That is what I want to do'

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results