Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathieu Bich

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nick Verna

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay guys, the time has come.

Cast your vote for the 2007 magician of the year.

For one week I have been recieving PM's nominating some great magicians but unfortunatly there was not five leaders as originally planned... so i'm going to post all the nominations I recieved.

Once again, the winner will reciev a image for their website and comments from members as to why they believe this man is magician of the year.

SharpestLives
P.S. Please do send or post any more nominations, the poll will only accept ten and that happens to be the number I have.

Nov 22, 2007
I hate these polls. Why say some guy is magician of the year?

The arguments and flames start below this line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ <-

My vote goes to Mathieu Bich. I also wanted David Stone but I can't pick two.
I'm surprised that the leaders are wayne Houchin and the bucks. The bucks are amazing, but there tricks are good only in front os the camera and don't get the wow reaction from the spectators. I love the twins work, but right now there known for there flourishes. Wayne houchin has amazing effects but you just cant compare them to the others. Mathieu bich has created amazing effects and has won a fism award. Tnr is an amzing effect when done right. The spectators love this trick. David Stone is another amazing creator and also deserves magician of the year. One last thing. Who the hell are Smoothini, Fraud, Nick Verna, Shane K. I don't think these people should be here if they never released any material.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I'm surprised that the leaders are wayne Houchin and the bucks. The bucks are amazing, but there tricks are good only in front os the camera and don't get the wow reaction from the spectators. I love the twins work, but right now there known for there flourishes. Wayne houchin has amazing effects but you just cant compare them to the others. Mathieu bich has created amazing effects and has won a fism award. Tnr is an amzing effect when done right. The spectators love this trick. David Stone is another amazing creator and also deserves magician of the year. One last thing. Who the hell are Smoothini, Fraud, Nick Verna, Shane K. I don't think these people should be here if they never released any material.

You know what?

I think that Nick Verna created Bullet and Factory Sealed. I THINK.

I'm Shane K. on the list, and I'm flattered that I'm there. I wonder who PMed him to add me on the list. :)

Shane K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA

Shane K. is a forum member, and I don't know who Smoothini and Fraud are. I'm betting they were nominated as a joke. Nick Verna, on the other hand, is co-creator of Bullet and Factory Sealed.

//David.Misner::

You know what?

I think that Nick Verna created Bullet and Factory Sealed. I THINK.

I'm Shane K. on the list, and I'm flattered that I'm there. I wonder who PMed him to add me on the list. :)

Shane K.

:D sorry knda forgot that nick verna was the creator of factory sealed and bullet. Although not sounding rude or anything. Why are forum members nominated for magician awards.

C

clarrus

:D sorry knda forgot that nick verna was the creator of factory sealed and bullet. Although not sounding rude or anything. Why are forum members nominated for magician awards.

why not, A magician is a magician. He may not have invented the famed coin through diaper trick but i'm sure he did something amazing. He was nominated after all........

For those that don't know Smoothini, check out his website.

Smoothini

He gets grief for mixing hip-hop and magic, but I really like his stuff. A good magician is a good magician no matter their color, culture or gender.

AND ... Not having Daniel Madison on this poll is a crime to magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let me clear a few things up.

First off, the forum members that are on the poll were nominated... thats why they are there.

The original plan was to have a top 5 posted here... but I did not recieve enough pm's to do a top 5... so heres what you get. I've only been the one coutnign and posting, that is all. Anyone who is or is not on the list is a decision by you guys, not me.

The Bucks are posted that way because I recieved several nominations for them as one. And for the fact that they have not done anything apart so judging them apart would come down to looks.... and that'd be hard seeing as they are twins.

Let me be clear, this is the poll you guys wanted... so you have it. I had an open invite for nominations and only 13 people sent any in... so here you go.

SharpestLives

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
you guys you should have
-Dan
-Dave

my vote goes to Mathieu Bich though, as much as I love WH and the Buck Twins, WH's distortion isn't really a new effect, it's just a more visual version of an effect already in use, and the DAn and DAve's hardcore sleight of hand isn't a match for Bich's ingenious gimmicks

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
The bucks are amazing, but there tricks are good only in front os the camera and don't get the wow reaction from the spectators.

they have a lot of angle sensitive tricks indeed

about wow reaction. some of the tricks on the trilogy i just went WTF when watching the performance part before checking out the explanation.
problem is a lot of these tricks needs to be done really fast and people will probably have trouble following whats going on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results