Inside - Daniel Madison

That's exactly my mentality. Or pretty darn close anyway. Love Madison's work, but haven't gotten anything due to the inconvenience. I have a hard enough time with DVD's. I love just taking a book and the needed materials, lock myself into my screenless room and work on an effect and the knowledge. But unfortunately, a lot of newer artists don't have books out...

My thoughts exactly, DVDS are good, but books just seem to have that special 'something' to me. Like a book of spells! Who ever heard of a DVD of spells?!? I think they key word you used above there is 'knowledge'. DVD's are great for learning methods, but you don't have to invest them time you would reading a book, and you never really get to know the effect properly.

Maybe it's just us. i started magic when i was 8 (16 years ago) when nobody really put out DVD's or videos and there was no youtube. If i wanted to learn something, I used to save up my pocket money and get my mum to phone (not really any online magic dealers back then) one of the UK magic companies and order books for me! I think it really made me appreciate what I had, as i didn't just have new material available to download on demand like people do today.

God, for a 24 year old I don't half sound like an old man sometimes!!

R

Apr 1, 2009
California
I think the key aspect you hit was the fact that DVDs are great for learning methods. I know I'm much more comfortable when I've learned the sleight from video. Just because I'm often unsure of if I'm doing it right when I read the description. The upside to just reading it is, you have a much better chance of making it your own. Which is great, unless of course, what is "your own" ends up falling flat of a deceptive sleight. But I think that with books you are guaranteed much more study time and aren't limited to where you are. carry the book with you wherever you go. bookmark, read over and over. don't worry about scratching the dvd, or deleting the file, or the file not even working. Plus, with books, everything feels so much more "official".

Dec 28, 2008
OK, mine's arrived today, and if you got the first edition, there's a nice signed White Centurion card, and the book is numbered and signed as well.

PS. I have been looking through the book and have noticed two spelling mistakes already, which kinda annoys me.

Mar 14, 2009
Yeah i got mine the other day as well. i'm based in the UK too so you would expect it to come slightly quicker. i'm really happy with it too. i'm not too fussed about the odd mistake here and there. its still readable but a little frustrating. oh well. hope you all get your books soon and have a good Xmas.:)

Feb 9, 2009
I purchased first edition, shipping to USA, still waiting ;[

Crossing fingers for any day now.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Yeah someone else who ordered 1st ed in US got theirs today. Guess I have a longer still to wait. Its ok tho I've been working with the material in By Forces Unseen so I'll be busy quite a while anyway.

Apr 1, 2009
California
yeah, I'm in Colorado and mine arrived yesterday. and I got copy 96 out of 100. So, I'm assuming anyone who ordered around the same time I did, will be getting there's soon.

Feb 9, 2009
*update on Inside*

Just got word from someone with d+M's support staff. The reason my book hadn't arrived yet or tracking number received is because of a shipping error. Some packaged ready to go books hadn't left the warehouse and were recently discovered. If you are still waiting for Inside and do not have a tracking number, email d+m and you'll receive the info.

Feb 9, 2009
*update*

My copy of Inside has arrived. 22 of 100, with a d+M signed white centurion.

The book looks great, thanks Daniel.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results