Instant Switch - A variation of the Simpler switch

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
hey guys!, since I was messing up the simpler switch from the andthensome dvd, I came up with my own variation. and here it is. I hope you like it! this move is very knacky and a little impractical, so I could just shoot one perfect switch without anything getting outjogged lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLU6NZ63RQ

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
With all of my respect to Buck brothers and this move, the variation that Bucks are performing looks fishy. If you do this move - you have to do it so perfect so you will believe in what you're doing. But your variation comes to the mind first for everyone who watched the andthensome, and it's a very good one, loved the performance. Keep it up!

Nov 29, 2008
Not catching it with the thumb really doesn't make this a variation. You just don't do the last part of the move.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
wow, why everyone is being an a-hole about this? you all know that the normal version flashes a lot, I tried to redce the flashing to the minimum. and what do you want me to call this? "simpler switch without catching the card with the thumb" yea that's way better.

Nov 10, 2007
When the Bucks perform the Simpler Switch, they do have it land square on the deck, they catch it and have it in an upward position.
In Flex's version, he catches it square with the deck, providing a variation.

Just little finesse, to the Simpler Switch makes me want to learn it.

Great Job, on the variation
- Donald

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
When the Bucks perform the Simpler Switch, they do have it land square on the deck, they catch it and have it in an upward position.
In Flex's version, he catches it square with the deck, providing a variation.

Just little finesse, to the Simpler Switch makes me want to learn it.

Great Job, on the variation
- Donald
there. thank you for being logical. cheers.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
wow, why everyone is being an a-hole about this? you all know that the normal version flashes a lot, I tried to redce the flashing to the minimum. and what do you want me to call this? "simpler switch without catching the card with the thumb" yea that's way better.

No need to exaggerate, and no need to be defensive.

There were two critical posts. Neither were excessively impolite or rude. They were blunt - and if you can't deal with that, don't post your stuff.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
No need to exaggerate, and no need to be defensive.

There were two critical posts. Neither were excessively impolite or rude. They were blunt - and if you can't deal with that, don't post your stuff.
I'm normally a very calm person. but I posted this on D&D's board and got the same reactions over there. I hate it when people have no common sense.

Jul 13, 2008
Look, if you don't want constructive criticism, don't post your work. lol you don't need to get so worked up about this.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm normally a very calm person. but I posted this on D&D's board and got the same reactions over there. I hate it when people have no common sense.

I can understand that, but asking how this is a variation hardly constitutes having no common sense. Perhaps they genuinely have not seen the differences. Another was of the opinion that the differences were not small enough to constitute a "variation" per se - well, that's his right to an opinion as well.

Short of anything being outright offensive, which I don't believe is the case, you should be prepared for such things when you post publicly - and you shouldn't worry about them too much either..

Theres no need to get defensive about your work. There is always going to be someone that critasizes your work, just learn to take constructive critasism.

I personally don't like it. I never really like the Buck's version anyway, it looks over fishey and is more complicated than it's worth. To me your version could be the exact same thing as picking up a D.L and putting it back down on the top of the deck with flashey movements. Again I am not trying to be an a** about anything I am just stating my thoughts.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
I will take any critisism if its constructive, I'm a learning person, I'll consider everything if it improves my thing, but I don't want to talk about this no more. apart from that, I don't think the purpose of this move is to be a substitute for a double lift. If I need to switch the card in my hand with the top card on the deck, I'll either do a top change, or venus trap. The simpler switch I believe was created to be like "I'll throw the card on the deck, and it'll change." like a different color change imo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results