Interception by Mark Hilkemeijer (Mystery Mark)

http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community/showthread.php?p=1834
Interception is an awesome new effect/plot twist by Mystery Mark (Mark Hilkemeijer). You may know him from his unbelievable YouTube videos that he has posted over the last year or so. I was really excited when he was able to tell me about and show me this sandwich on Skype so I was pumped to see the final product. What mark has done is actually quite different from the Norm that we see from other magic downloads and dvds. What mark did, was make a dvd quality production, without the dvd and then sold it for the price of a download. So what you get is an Hour and a Half of instructional footage for the price of a mocha at Starbucks (a bigger one maybe). Interception is a sandwich routine, which uses a nice backwards move called the interception technique. It makes the sandwich look simple and very open while still delivering the same exploding effect you get with your other favorite sandwich effects. Interception isn’t just another sandwich effect, it is a totally new move you can use to enhance your other sandwich routines to make them kick ass. The nice thing you may notice about this dvd is the table of contents. This makes it super easy to navigate to what part of the video you want to watch.
The DVD starts off with the trailer you see before you get the download. He then jumps into the explanation teaching you everything from how to select the card and how to intercept the cards and how to locate them. He then talks about the angles for the effect, not only pointing out the bad angles, but how to get them so you can perform this for a group of people. He then talks about how to eliminate all the sound from the moves and how to make this as invisible as possible.
After getting over the basics of the move, he then goes into ways of revealing the card with 5 different routines. He goes over the basic 1 card sandwich, a multiple sandwich where you could have 2 or more cards selected, a basic 2 card sandwich, a 1 by 1 sandwich appearance ( like in the trailer) and then the table addition. He doesn’t just go over the basics of the routines; he goes through and actually teaches you every slight and subtlety on how to do it. He also goes over all the different slights he uses to do the effect so you can find one that fits you. He really doesn’t leave anything out.
He also does something that I have not seen in virtually any other instructional video out there. He teaches the moves left and right handed, which is nice for those who are left handed. I personally was at first annoyed by the switching of hands because it was basically the same thing over again for me, but as I watched, I noticed that he added in little tips to help make it easier to do or more effective, so in the end I didn’t mind the reverse hand shots.
The Video is not in High definition, but it is very clear and straight forward. He goes over all the angles so you are sure of what he is doing and that everything you do looks and works just like his actions. The sound is great and everything is produced pretty well. Its not the same exciting editing you may see with other companies, but it is very well done and put together.
The video is 1:30 hours long! That is longer than most instructional videos you would get anywhere else, especially for just one move. He really only goes over the move in the context of a sandwich but he also goes (briefly) into other applications you could use the move in. I have been playing around with this move and it is a little bit knacky because it is a new move your muscles are not yet used to doing, but it is just what the sandwich plot needed. With an hour and a half of video, I needed to take a short break in the middle, but I then came back, watched the rest and thought to myself, wow what a packed video. No stone left unturned in this and you will not be left with many questions about the instructions. There is so much I can say good about this but all I can really say is, for the price, defiantly pick it up! It’s a steal if I have ever seen one. Mark, I give this a 99/100 (the 2 points are lost because I think you are stupid for selling this for so cheap, but I added 1 because it is a great deal and everyone should get it.) Its clear, organized and comprehensive. A great example of how instructional videos should be. Good job and I hope more people can pick this up!
Video Quality: 8/10 (not HD)
Sound Quality: 10/10
Teaching Quality: 11/10
Practicability : 10/10
Over all worth: 10/10

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results