Interesting Article in Discover Magazine

Sep 2, 2007
London
Always take everything Alex Stone writes about magic with a massive pinch of salt. His aim in life seems to be to turn himself into the go-to thinking-person's magician without inconveniencing himself with the hassle of learning stuff. Here are some comments on his work:

"sh*t psychology" - Richard Wiseman
"very dishonest" - Bill Kalush
"a tyro with no credentials, achievements or noteworthy skills" - Ricky Jay

Nov 27, 2009
Well... I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. I sure hope if I'm ever published no one ever says anything like that about me.

Oct 9, 2011
California
Always take everything Alex Stone writes about magic with a massive pinch of salt. His aim in life seems to be to turn himself into the go-to thinking-person's magician without inconveniencing himself with the hassle of learning stuff. Here are some comments on his work:

"sh*t psychology" - Richard Wiseman
"very dishonest" - Bill Kalush
"a tyro with no credentials, achievements or noteworthy skills" - Ricky Jay

Where did you get these reviews from? not say there illegitamate id just like to know:)

Sep 2, 2007
London
The quotes from Richard Wiseman and Bill Kalush were on Twitter. Ricky Jay's was from his review of Fooling Houdini in the Wall Street Journal. Should just make a small correction, though. Having re-read my Tweets, Bill Kalush's quote should read, "extremely dishonest".

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'll second the details on Stone, he James Clark and Jonathon Royale (who recently changed his name) are all jokes and in certain instances, rip-off artists. Clark just recently put out "An Idiot's Guide to Mentalism" exposing material belonging to Bob Cassidy and over a dozen other major players.

We really need a site where people of this wort are listed. . .

Nov 27, 2009
I'll second the details on Stone, he James Clark and Jonathon Royale (who recently changed his name) are all jokes and in certain instances, rip-off artists. Clark just recently put out "An Idiot's Guide to Mentalism" exposing material belonging to Bob Cassidy and over a dozen other major players.

We really need a site where people of this wort are listed. . .

I hope his crediting was at least decent. I agree, we need a "magic black list" web site where someone posts a reliable, fact checked list of people who are doing the industry harm in some way. (Or those who are just plain stupid.)

Apr 29, 2012
It's a real bummer how idiots can get published, but hardworking skilled people cant even get recognition. It kind of makes me think about how people think the more popular you are, the better you must be. Which is bull. But I feel like I'm about to go off topic so I'll just stop here.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results