Interesting Little Show

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
Hi Guys,

so I just typed absolutely loads, then the computer I am on did not submit. so this will be shorter but please ask questions if I missed things.

I am in Spain and having a great time. The other day, I was performing some flourishes at a table when a member of the Hotel entertainment team came up to me and asked me to take part in a show where I get my own table for 2 hours. I said yes but was surprised because for all he knew I could of been exclusively a flourisher. But luckily I do magic too.

At times I had crowds as large at 20 but sometimes as little as 2. To larger audiences I perfomred iforce and chicago oepner a lot which went down very well, got great reactions. I also did the invisible deck and biddle trick which people loved. To smaller audiences i perfomed Tivo 2.0, Touch, and The Queens quite a lot. Then from the queens I could go into the collectors which was very cool for 2 people.

I have had quite a few people come up to me today asking to see tricks which was quite cool and nice.

the show is also on next week and i have been asked to take part in that too.

Also a special thanks to Toby (as he is known on the forums) because he gave me tips on what tricks to do (even before i knew I was in the show) and has a great video on tips for chicago opener.

As I said I just typed loads and the computer deleted it all, so i have probably missed a few things but please feel free to ask.

I was really grateful for the oppurtunity because I am only 14 and it was a great experience!

Thanks for reading!

May 9, 2012
New York
hi, im 14 too and im wondering how to go about getting shows like that. i want to perform more and for bigger crowds. (the most ive done tricks for is like 5 people). can you give me any tips on getting yourself out there?

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
If you can get a table or something then people
Should come naturally. For me all i was doing was flourishes- I was bored and on my iPod and practicing some flourishes. Then the guy came up to me and it went from there. I understand it's hard to get audiences though. You may want o
Consider being a kids magician for very low prices or free just to get a taste. Then of you are good the word can get out! Good luxk

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
That sounds like a great experience. It's always good to get out there and actually work. When you're first starting out take every gig. You'll learn a little every time you perform. For me our local club has a Jr. program that has small performances periodically. It's a great way to get started.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results