Invisible deck - gimmicking yourself

May 4, 2009
I have a red bicycle invisible deck. Now I want to gimmick a cool black deck myself. I see they got sprays, and ellusionist has a cream.

How hard is it to gimmick up a deck. Do you recommend the spray or the cream from ellusionist. I figure I can practice on a $1 deck first and then do a good deck.

Thanks for your help!

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I've only used a spray so I can't comment on the other kind.
But I definitely recommend practicing on a few cheap decks. I ruined a couple decks before I got the feel for it.
You can also pick up roughing fluid (spray) at any hardware store, only it's not called 'roughing fluid'.
1260 DULLCOTE hobby/model/craft lacquer is what I have here... I've made a couple invisible decks with it, they've lasted a few months now and still work reliably.

My advice (for spray): lay all your cards face down on a large surface in the pairs you want them be in. Spray the backs of the cards from about 1.5 - 2 feet away, pass over them all quickly 2 or 3 times. Wait for the fluid to dry before putting the cards back-to-back or else they'll stick like glue.

Good luck!

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
You can use Aldini's Roughing Spray. I recommend that. I really can't see how a cream would help you make an invisible deck. Wouldn't it just get the cards all soggy?

Also, you can try Acrylic Clear Satin Finish sold at art store.

At any rate, once you get the spray you want, get a blanket and go to a ventilated area (like a garage of on the porch). Lay out the carpet and lay each card facedown in a rectangle like fashion. Make sure the cards don't overlap each other. Spray a quick coat of the spray from about 6 feet above the cards. Just start from the top and zig zag back and forth until all the cards have been sprayed on. Don't spray it on too close or else there will be foam on the back fo the cards. Also, PLEASE make sure you're in a ventilated area. Don't do his in your room or anything. The sprays are highly toxic and can kill you.

Anyways, that's a crash course on how to make an invisible deck.

May 4, 2009
I do t-shirt screen printing in my garage, so I know all about proper ventilation. lol.

You can use Aldini's Roughing Spray. I recommend that. I really can't see how a cream would help you make an invisible deck. Wouldn't it just get the cards all soggy?

Also, you can try Acrylic Clear Satin Finish sold at art store.

At any rate, once you get the spray you want, get a blanket and go to a ventilated area (like a garage of on the porch). Lay out the carpet and lay each card facedown in a rectangle like fashion. Make sure the cards don't overlap each other. Spray a quick coat of the spray from about 6 feet above the cards. Just start from the top and zig zag back and forth until all the cards have been sprayed on. Don't spray it on too close or else there will be foam on the back fo the cards. Also, PLEASE make sure you're in a ventilated area. Don't do his in your room or anything. The sprays are highly toxic and can kill you.

Anyways, that's a crash course on how to make an invisible deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results