Invisible Deck inspection after reveal

Feb 11, 2014
How many times have you performed the Invisible deck and the spectator asks to examine the deck after the reveal. I performed it 5 times so far and 2 out of five times they wanted to look at the deck after and i was screwed. This makes me think its very risky and maybe isnt worth having in my arsenal. What about you guys?

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
How many times have you performed the Invisible deck and the spectator asks to examine the deck after the reveal. I performed it 5 times so far and 2 out of five times they wanted to look at the deck after and i was screwed. This makes me think its very risky and maybe isnt worth having in my arsenal. What about you guys?

I always have another deck that is exactly the same deck style and switch it so fast that they think that they are inspecting the invisible deck while they are not in reality. You could turn around, pocket the deck, and then turn again, saying something like Pardon me? Oh examine it all you want, and pull from the opposite pocket the other deck. because you
are turned around it flows optically... Or at the worst you could say no.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I always let them hold the deck before the reveal and even if I'm performing a set piece I let someone hold it the entire time so when I reveal I reiterate that they had it the entire time which usually does it for me

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I do the same thing Taylor does...in the same pocket I place the ID back into...I have a matching Red Bicycle Deck and will pull that right back out immediately if someone calls attention to it. It is easy to do when you have a suit coat on and not just a pair of jeans or shorts on.

Apr 17, 2013
How are you presenting the effect? You might be doing something called attention to the deck.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA
I don't generally get asked for an inspection after ID, but I use a couple of subtleties to unconsciously convince people they saw enough of the deck to believe that it's normal. For one thing, I usually only do ID toward the end of a string of tricks where I did some normal card work earlier on with my pink or red bikes (my ID is blue bikes). I also try to include a color changing deck effect of some kind that uses some blue cards. This establishes that I can work without trick cards, and that I have a few different decks on me at least two of which seem to be normal. If I start with a "prediction" patter for ID, that also helps justify using the blue deck for just the one effect.

When I give the spectator their card and they start looking it over, I go ahead and split the fan there and put the deck back together in such a way that there's a face-down card on one side, then I immediately turn the deck so that it appears face down. This silently reinforces the idea that the deck has a top and a bottom and is all facing one direction.

Jan 18, 2014
hi my solution is most magic tricks use a gimmick of some kind. by carrying that you are confident in yourself in how to use it. If you feel insecure using it close up then to avoid inspection do it on stage hope this helps .

Sep 16, 2014
Michigan, USA
As said, just take your Deck to your pocket after the trick is done, and if they ask, just have a matching deck to switch to. I doubt any layman will assume you're switching it as it has not happened to me yet. Don't allow them to examine anything right away. Pocket the ID immediately and if they ask, switch it. If they don't then simply don't.

If you want, you can be bold and do the switch while their distracted by the card. Using patter such as "I almost forgot about that one" pointing to the card. You say this after boxing the ID. Switch it quickly on the offbeat, open it back up and throw the card on top. From here, you can take it further by flipping the deck face up and copping the card off the bottom now, or you can simply palm it while handing over the deck. Unnecessary but you end SO CLEAN.

Either or, it's an effect that has fooled the best. I have small subtleties I use when performing. If you would like further tips and such, feel free to PM me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2014
When ever i perform ID i tend to use it as an opener and i state something along the lines of "i did the strangest thing this morning i did something to this deck can you hold it up high (perform which ever way you want and reveal)." once i finish i ask for the card and state " thats not the only weird thing check this out" and this makes people think wow that was amazing but he did something else what did he do and so they dont want to miss anything so they wont ask questions and just pay attention.

Oct 9, 2014
The Invisible Deck is one of the best illusions out there. Been used for years. I definitely would recommend it. I wouldn't exclude it from your inventory just because someone asks to see the deck...

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
The Invisible Deck is one of the best illusions out there. Been used for years. I definitely would recommend it. I wouldn't exclude it from your inventory just because someone asks to see the deck...

Despite all the good things said about the trick, it's one that I'm not going to learn. It seems like a trick that works by itself. I can't find a way to script it into a routine (WHY does a card need to be backward/not be uniform with the others).

Again, it looks like a good trick. I, personally, do not ever see myself using Invisible Deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results