Iphone Magic Trick Is it Original?

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by raccoonfight, Apr 19, 2013.

1. I have been playing with this for a while and I want to put it on the Wire. What do you guys think?
  2. Ive never seen anyone else do this
  3. Awesome! Would love to see this effect on the wire :) I've never seen an effect like this, it looks very nice! :)
  4. How long have you been doing this?
  5. I have been doing this for about 5-6 months and it has served very well.
  6. I really really like this idea, good job! I will be the first person to buy this effect :)
  7. great idea.u flashed though
  8. Really Nice Idea!! I think the only reason I know how it done is because I'm an apple fanboy so I know a lot of ideas used with iphones and I have a suspicion that I know how it's done. BUT IT'S FANTASTIC!
  9. I'm pretty sure I know how it is done because you flashed a bit. Also, another problem is that when the screenshot supposedly was taken, it looked like the 4 of diamonds, so a spectator might be suspicious because they saw it stop on a red card, but the screenshot was a black card.

Seems like it has potential.
  10. Its really good! I have never seen that done before but a few knowledgeable spectators might figure it out.
    If you were to release it I would put it at 99 cents or free.
  11. I like it because it's straight forward. Good stuff!
    It's not fishy like a number of smart phone "magic tricks" seem to be. :p

Of course, I'd rather do the classic effect with an actual deck of cards, but having this ready on a phone is smart since with me even at work my phone is glued to me whereas if I'm not at my desk then I'm not at my deck. ;-)

Note that your technique (under my assumption of what your technique is) is not iPhone-exclusive.
    In the default "Gallery" app on Droids, you can play a video and when it finishes it holds on the last frame. You can then swipe over to the next/previous image/video file just as cleanly.
    With Android v4.0 and later, you can take a screenshot by holding the Power button and the Volume Down button.
    Just some useful information in case you have ambition to make a video for release on The Wire or such -- just grab a friend with a modern Droid phone and show it with that as well. =)
  12. Looks pretty sweet. Never seen a trick like it. One suggestion is that if the card is forced, stick a 7 of clubs on the back. Or like a pictured case or something. That way, instead of the mind-reading, you can have a sweet reveal. I don't know, just a thought. Looks awesome though
  13. I like it, it's a really cool modern version of the riffle force. Lots of applications, I agree with coinartist I think it would be cool to have it like stuck on the back of the phone... maybe inside the phone case? Unfortunately my windows phone doesn't have a screenshot feature so I can't use this trick but best of luck to those that do :)