Is Infinity IET comparable to Yigal IET?

May 4, 2009
I got a pack of five loops. I love them and they are easy to use. Of course I am burning through the five pack fast. I'd like to be able to order in some kind of bulk, so I don't have to keep re-ordering at $2 a loop plus postage.

I've found two option. The 100ft Yigal IET dispenser with "innovative hookup." Innovative hookup does not sound very convincing. I'm guessing it is going to be extremely difficult to tie this tiny springy thread yourself.

The other solution I found is the 300ft roll of Infinity IET for the same price, and they sell a $50 unpictured device that allegedly anyone can use to to easily tie loops.

There is also one I think called silkworm, but you have to strip it first. So that is double the hassle, stripping and tying.

How does Infinity IET compare to the Yigal IET? If anyone owns the $50 tying mechanism, can you really tie your loops in 10 second?

I supposed that even if I liked the Yigal IET better, I could still use the Infinity tying mechanism.

Thanks for your input.

As far as quality goes, I don't think there is a big difference between Yigal's thread and Infinity. I know that Justin Miller filmed his Cloak DVD using Mesika thread but later used the enormous Infinity spool that they no longer sell.

The Infinity spool had to be stripped, which the Mesika does not require, but I don't know if the Infinity that is being sold now requires being stripped.

As for tying loops, there's really no difference between the threads. However, I'd recommend looking into the Million Dollar Knot system that teaches you to tie your own loops for only $20.

C

May 4, 2009
As far as quality goes, I don't think there is a big difference between Yigal's thread and Infinity. I know that Justin Miller filmed his Cloak DVD using Mesika thread but later used the enormous Infinity spool that they no longer sell.

The Infinity spool had to be stripped, which the Mesika does not require, but I don't know if the Infinity that is being sold now requires being stripped.

As for tying loops, there's really no difference between the threads. However, I'd recommend looking into the Million Dollar Knot system that teaches you to tie your own loops for only $20.

C

Yeah, the website for the Infinity thread says it comes 300ft stripped. They say their previous mega spool is no longer available.

Oh, I forgot about PET 2.0, that is another one I read about. People on another forum said you can hardly see it on your own hand it is so invisible. However, there is a trade off in that it is not as strong. So there are some things you can do with Yigal Loops that would break the PET2.0, but you don't have to worry about anyone seeing it.

Penguin magic is offering a free download of Million Dollar Knot if you buy a $20 spool of PET2.0

Feb 15, 2008
Silkworm. All the way. Check out the opaque ones, not too good for ultra bright sunlight, because of the glare, but it's damn nice.

Is silkworm still being made? Anyway I am a proud owner of the pre stripped infinity thread, it is cool it comes in a dental floss like container. The hookups I have used it for thus far are:
Humming bird
The cloak
Ammar horizontal hookup
Power word fall
Tabled cloak hookup
The house

Just to name a few, this thread is very strong it was strong enough to move a Venti Cafe Mocha from Starbucks, not tip over but actually move accross the table.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results