Is it just me?

Mar 4, 2008
is it just me or is there a lot of ppl here who dont like brad from E. ya ill agree that hes not my favorite but still hes pretty good and i know a lot of ppl think tht E is all about hyping up stuff but look at T11 and there card releases. they do the same thing. i realy think alot of ppl here need to just grow up and stop bad mouthing E and brad its just disgusting at how low ppl will stoop

Jun 19, 2008
brown box
i like E. it got me started in magic when i was small. i agree. even though we look at effects as sucky or w/ ever, sometimes, E is wat we start with sometimes. it really isnt bad and brade is nice at sleight of hand

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You clearly haven't been here very long, or you'd know that the majority of members, and certainly all of the respected members, have more or less general respect for E as a company which sells magic. Disregarding the odd few who join the forums simply to argue (Read: "z0mgz0rz brad suxxx t11 4evazz kthxbye"), we acknowledge that T11 and E are like all magic companies - they are exactly that, companies, and having acknowledged that fact, that they do hype their products.

Read up the main topic about S&M and you'll realise that your arguments are illogical and ill-informed - a great number of T11 members have mentioned the hype surrounding the latest D&D/T11 cards. We realise that companies hype products, whichever company does it, and we realise it as a commercial necessity. We complain only when we feel there is an issue with the product not living up to expectations (though on the previous example of S&M's, my personal opinion is that this is not the case).

The E vs. T11 type topic has no basis, there have been many such topics in the past, and with a small amount of research you'd realise that your arguments have no foundation. In fact, most T11 members are on E as well, so in accusing us of bashing E, you are in fact accusing us of bashing a company we are part of. You're a member, use the search button. In fact I haven't seen a real E bashing thread for a while. So... Yes, it's just you.

EDIT: In fact, I also just thought to add, many of us started at E, I certainly did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I dislike Brad because in some of his DVD's, he didn't credit the magicians who invented the tricks he taught in the DVD = not cool
("Brad's invisible pass", your kidding me right?)

Also, his idea of hype is ridiculous. We heard about the 2 cibs about 1 year before they were released.
Over here, it's like you hear of a new DVD maybe 2 weeks before it's released = Awesomeness!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I dislike Brad because in some of his DVD's, he didn't credit the magicians who invented the tricks he taught in the DVD = not cool

Also, his idea of hype is ridiculous. We heard about the 2 cibs about 1 year before they were released.
Over here, it's like you hear of a new DVD maybe 2 weeks before it's released = Awesomeness!

COUGHthewireCOUGH

I agree on the crediting reason though. Criticism where criticism is due. Certainly not badmouthing though.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to chime in because threads like these are the ones which get out of hand VERY quickly. So, the moment I, or another moderator see any behaviour which is unacceptable to others, or in just a very rude fashion this thread will be closed.

Cheers,
-RA69

Sep 1, 2007

Why is that bad? You just don't like waiting? I don't follow the logic here.

Anyway, the petty politicking will never go away, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. What astounds me most of all is that any of these anonymous prats think they're important enough for us to give a damn about where they don't shop.

If I'm not mistaken, in Ninja 1 Brad clearly said that the invisible pass technique was handed down to him, but he doesn't remember by who. So yeah, maybe it's not very professional to do a DVD and not check who to credit, but it's not like he takes credit to himself.
And I like Brad, he's great, and E also got me started... The Kaos DVD by Daniel Garcia. A brilliant DVD.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Why is that bad? You just don't like waiting? I don't follow the logic here.
Well, I would rather get stuff sooner than later. And the longer the time period between the announcement and the release, the more time there is for the expectations to build AND the more time there is for the producer to feed us the "This is the greatest ________ in the history of mankind" crap. Look at Smoke And Mirrors, if Dan And Dave announced their cards 1 week ago, I don't think they would have been as disappointing as they were.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I would rather get stuff sooner than later.

Given how much stuff is already on the market now, what's the big deal? If you need your fix that bad, go cruising Elmwood Magic or something.

And the longer the time period between the announcement and the release, the more time there is for the expectations to build AND the more time there is for the producer to feed us the "This is the greatest ________ in the history of mankind" crap. Look at Smoke And Mirrors, if Dan And Dave announced their cards 1 week ago, I don't think they would have been as disappointing as they were.

Maybe I'm not being sympathetic, but I honestly can't force myself to show any compassion for people who are that gullible.

The Smoke and Mirrors showed up as a minor blip on my radar. I knew they would hype the cards to the sky, because that's how the marketing game is played these days. So I just sat back and waited for the release with no real expectations. I wasn't really impressed with the design, and since I'm not obligated to buy the cards it was no real loss.

Sticking your tongue on a frozen flagpole once is stupid. Doing it everytime you see one is insane.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Given how much stuff is already on the market now, what's the big deal? If you need your fix that bad, go cruising Elmwood Magic or something.
Of course, when it comes to things like playing cards and common effects/sleights (color changes, coin vanishes, bill changes etc.) but you are not going to be able to find anything that resembles the clipshift, Wounded (mainly the tears of blood), Tasteicular etc. Of course you really don't need any of those, and despite what the producers say, your magic would be fine without them but I'd rather have the option to buy them sooner than later.
Maybe I'm not being sympathetic, but I honestly can't force myself to show any compassion for people who are that gullible.

The Smoke and Mirrors showed up as a minor blip on my radar. I knew they would hype the cards to the sky, because that's how the marketing game is played these days. So I just sat back and waited for the release with no real expectations. I wasn't really impressed with the design, and since I'm not obligated to buy the cards it was no real loss.

Sticking your tongue on a frozen flagpole once is stupid. Doing it everytime you see one is insane.
You are actually using logic which many forum members are incapable of doing (especially here). Some people completely fall for the hype and then get annoyed when they find out Smoke And Mirrors really aren't the cards of God. Hype is only hype if the product disappoints and the only people that complain about the hype are the one who bought into it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results