its also on XB2 but it's not called the revolution cut I think (in dan maddy's section)
the encyclopedia has a similar looking one-handed cut called the "horizontal turn cut" but I think it is more difficult than the now-canonized Revolution cut.
its also on XB2 but it's not called the revolution cut I think (in dan maddy's section)
the encyclopedia has a similar looking one-handed cut called the "horizontal turn cut" but I think it is more difficult than the now-canonized Revolution cut.
I honestly can't tell the difference between the horizontal turn cut and the rev. cut Trash. Jerry doesn't credit it to Tudor though, (or anyone else for that matter) so I could be mistaken.
As I understand the descriptions, the Horizontal Turn Cut allows for multiple revolutions, but a more awkward close, because the index finger goes past the front end of the deck, which is one thing Tudor specifically advises against in the execution of his cut. I believe that the Horizontal Turn Cut is the one included in The One-Handed Card Cutter by Rue Martinez, which is why people say that Tudor didn't invent the Revolution Cut.