Is this trick original?

Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys I just thought of an idea for a trick that I really like but I'm not sure of its originality. Like all "good" ideas I have it has probably already been thought of but I just wanted to make sure. I didn't want to give away the method of the trick but here is the basic effect:

A spectator is asked to hold a card face down that no one has seen the face of. They then are asked to name any random playing card (let's say they pick the nine of spades). They turn over the card and it is the queen of hearts (or something that isn't their card) and you appear to have messed up the trick. Then you ask them to look closely and they realize that the queen is holding the nine of spades in her hand. You could present it however but that is essentially the idea of the effect.

You can probably guess how this trick would be done but I hadn't seen anything like it before and I thought it would make a great trick. Again, I haven't seen this out there and to my knowledge it has not been done before but if it has already been created please let me know.

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Daniel

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The trick as described I wouldn't call original, since it's just a reveal of a card within a playing card. Joker reveals are basically the same thing.

The way you're getting them to choose the appropriate card, or the way you're getting a freely chosen value onto a playing card, now that could be original, but honestly it's probably not. People have been playing with psychological forces for some time now - Peter Turner did a whole ebook of his monthly series on them.

Jul 23, 2017
I wouldn't do a force it would be more of a switch to get the queen holding the appropriate card that they named. But it's probably been thought of.

Jun 11, 2017
How about this idea for a trick (cause I haven't seen many lately). Each card has a written number/symbol on each side. Spectator takes one and the number/symbol on her card points to a card that points to a card.

And, the only cards with symbols are the only selected... creepy.

Jun 11, 2017
How about this idea for a trick (cause I haven't seen many lately). Each card has a written number/symbol on each side. Spectator takes one and the number/symbol on her card points to a card that points to a card.

And, the only cards with symbols are the only selected... creepy.

I figured it out. Is that okay??

Those could be playing cards but not in this case!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results