It Was SOOOOOO Hard Not To Laugh....

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
So I was just sitting in lunch, and me and 3 other guys were talking. In the middle of one of them talking, I didn't say a word...I just took my class ring off and tapped it on the table loud enough to get their attention. They all looked but kept talking. I tapped it again, and then BAM *ring on* (De'Ring of course)

Funniest thing ever...the INSTANTLY got silent for about 15 seconds and just stared at the ring until one of them finally chimed in to say "What the F***"

It was pretty funny I thought you guys might enjoy a short story!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I don't mean to sound rude here... but why? I enjoy performing for random people, if it just kind of turns out to lead up to it, but there is a difference between kindly performing for people and seeking out attention. Some of your stories sound more like the latter of the two.

I had a chat with a friend of a friend at a bar and we just happened to be talking about magic (someone had seen something on TV and brought it up out of the blue), and the girl says, "I hate magic/ magicians, all they are doing is looking to show off." Even though I didn't hop in to disagree or argue her on the point (as it wouldn't have been a very productive conversation), there are magicians that come off that way even if it isn't true. Be careful and try to behave in a manner that does not create that kind of perception about you.

For your story, it may not have gone down that way. You may have known them, and they may have seen your magic before, thus it would not have been too strange for you to show them something really quickly out of the blue... but the way you publicize it seems like you are aching for the attention.

Again, this might not be true, but this perception has been getting stronger and stronger from reading your posts lately.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I get what you are saying but, like you said, I sit with these guys every day and they love seeing magic so it wasn't that big a deal, especially since I hadn't performed in a few days.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results