Jail breaker!

Apr 19, 2017
Hey guys!
Here's another performance of mine for the jail breaker!
I think its fluid but maybe there's one thing that even laymen can notice right ahead!
Say what you are thinking please! Lets all be better :D
Thanks for all of your time!

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
At 0:35, you clearly turn the king so that it should be facing the camera, but the card that you pull out has the back toward the camera. This is a discrepancy that'll be fairly obvious, even to eyes of laymen. Your wrist kill there is also jerky as well, and draws too much attention. It doesn't feel justified, and makes it seem like you're hiding something. If the spectator suspects that the card might not be the king, especially if they notice that it's facing the wrong way, the entire illusion unravels.

For a reversal plot, I prefer Inversion and the Biddle Trick. The handling is much more clean throughout than what you have here, and the presentation provides more natural misdirection at the right moments.

EDIT: That said, with the right patter and connection to your spectator, you can get away with all kinds of things. If you like this plot, the main thing I'd suggest from what I saw is smoothing over that discrepancy. You'll probably want to adjust the handling there.

Reactions: SilverMagicAddict
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
At 0:35, you clearly turn the king so that it should be facing the camera, but the card that you pull out has the back toward the camera. This is a discrepancy that'll be fairly obvious, even to eyes of laymen. Your wrist kill there is also jerky as well, and draws too much attention. It doesn't feel justified, and makes it seem like you're hiding something. If the spectator suspects that the card might not be the king, especially if they notice that it's facing the wrong way, the entire illusion unravels.

For a reversal plot, I prefer Inversion and the Biddle Trick. The handling is much more clean throughout than what you have here, and the presentation provides more natural misdirection at the right moments.

EDIT: That said, with the right patter and connection to your spectator, you can get away with all kinds of things. If you like this plot, the main thing I'd suggest from what I saw is smoothing over that discrepancy. You'll probably want to adjust the handling there.

Yeah That's why I don't like this effect. It just looks weird, and there are better things you can do to accomplish the same effect.

Apr 19, 2017

Like i said in my post, its a hard trick to fool because of that part (0:35) but of course my performance can always be better no doubt about it... BUT even if the person thinks that im not putting the king inside the box.... what am i putting inside then? They "saw" me putting two joker inside...
Do you know what i mean?

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
True, but it's not too much of a stretch from for them there to guess that there was really only one joker in the deck at first.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
That move is too open. I mean, couldn't you take the two jokers, put them face up on top (selection under), do a count turning them over and then out only one back in the box. Then you can force there selection, do a glide deal to get the joker in the box, and at the same time, reverse the card with a hip reverse (or any other reverse). Give the deck a cut - same effect, better presentation.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results