Jay Noblezada's MagicMez

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
If you have been around penguinmagic for some time you might have noticed some hype aboutJay Noblezada's new magician website he created. The idea? Have members pay a monthly fee for their unlimited magician lessons, tutorials, lectures, essays, and more!!! What a great idea!

Though it is a great idea, this review however is not going to be very positive. When I found out that Jay was doing this, I checked out some of the information that was advertised for it. What I found out was that if I signed up for this website I could
"Perform POWERFUL magic that blows people away!
Access Hundreds of Magic Lessons, Instructional Tutorials, Essays, Lectures and more!
Perform Professional Magic, Read Minds and Devine Thoughts, Create Compelling Presentations and more…
Learn Top Level Sleight of Hand, Advanced Coin Magic, Card Flourishing...
Every Month NEW CONTENT is added! Learn a new magic trick, routine, or effect every month, or floor it and blast through the MEZ at your own pace, learning techniques, theory, skill exercises...
Monthly Downloadable Magic Lessons! Download killer magic videos to your desktop so you can use the MEZ, even when you’re not online!
And so much more… "

It sounds better than it is. I first got on the site and I would say 50% of the content was still under construction. If you go to the site as a non member, you can see all kinds of videos, which when you click on, the website tells you that you would need to have an account first. However, when you get an account and click on that video again...."this video is still under construction. It will be updated in a few days." A month goes by....still no video.

Now, let me say, I am not an expert magician. I have been working with magic for quite a while, so I am no beginner either, but the majority of the moves and tricks on MagicMez, are very beginner and thus does not add to my own personal growth as a magician. Not to be a downer either, and I hate to say it, but most of the videos on the site which are beginner videos...could be looked up on youtube for free (even though I hate youtube and magicians what post stuff on youtube with a passion).

That being said, there are still more problems. The forum on magicmez is and has been down since I signed up. So any chance for me to discuss methods, or help others is out of the question.

The newsletter is not updated often, and neither is the blog, so updating seems to be the big issue.

I saw no lectures on the site, but he does have magicmez.tv that he does. I am never around to catch these live mentalism videos so I don't have any real comment on this right now.

Overall, I would say that this website right now is a no go for anyone looking for advancing their magic. If you are a beginner, it will be a good source for you, but you will still be disappointed with the number of videos that are up, but are "still under construction".

I will never understand why the site was advertised (especially with a free penguinmagic instand download to help encourage peope to sign up) when it is not even finished being constructed.

Rating - 4/10

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results