Jean Hugard: How would you rate his books?

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
i have been wondering if i should pick up any books by Jean Hugard.

does anyone have any of his books, which one and how do you rate them?

thanks guys

i love this site

I have The Royal Road to Card Magic. I haven't read much of it so I can't really tell you how I rate it but on the otherhand, it looks like a great book has some really nice illustrations and seems like a great source for learning more of the basics in card magic and basic flourishes such as a thumb fan or a one handed fan. If you could tell us more about your skill level I could recommend it to you. But if you are a beginner I would highly recommend it.
I'm really happy your enjoying the site too! It's been a great place for me and I hope it's as good for you.
Hope this helped in some way,
Michael

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
skill

i would say intermediate not great not crap. and not to the point of filming myself there are some things that some would consider hard that i can do very well on ther hand there are some things that are considered easy that i find difficult because they can generally require knack. well i am pretty good and dedicate a lot of time to practicing everyday.

Jan 11, 2008
i would say intermediate not great not crap.

Read Expert Card Technique, and tell me Jean Hugard's books were "not great".

Jean Hugard was one of the most important magic writers of his time. While the Royal Road to Card Magic was certainly his best known work, it's by no means his only good book.

Expert Card Technique is a masterwork, especially considering it's age; and his "Card Manipulations" series contains some very interesting techniques, although they can be a difficult read at times.

To answer your question, I would rate his books as "excellent, and of significant historical importance."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results