Joe Porper Clip

Dec 26, 2009
I have never owned a larger Porper clip for custom decks but from what I have heard all they do is take regular Porpers that are cut too big and throw them into a pile and sell them as larger Porper card clips for custom decks.

That being said a normal sized Porper card clip is made to fit a standard sized deck. A standard sized deck is 56 cards, unopened. I squeeze the sides of my Porper together so I get the tightest fit possible and I always have my jokers in the deck which means I always have a deck of 54 with me. Sometimes I have gaffed cards in there as well. As long as you don't go over the thickness of 56 cards in a normal Porper you will be fine. I use Bicycle Ecos (thick tuck case) and Aladdins (thick card stock) and my cards fit fine in the Porper and they always come out with no problem.

The only problem I have ever had, as far as custom decks go, is with Sentinels. The tuck case gets destroyed in my Porper. The cards fit fine in the Porper but when they sit in there too long the tuck case gets squished bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The only problem I have ever had, as far as custom decks go, is with Sententials. The tuck case gets destroyed in my Porper. The cards fit fine in the Porper but when they sit in there too long the tuck case gets squished bad.

Haha, that wasn't even close :p

But yeah, I've heard that a lot have had issues with the Sents. Personally, I remember seeing a dealer having trouble putting a deck of Guardians into a regular Porper whilst demo-ing it.

Dec 26, 2009
WOW I fixed that big mistake. I don't even know what happened there, but I fixed it regardless. I think I take advantage of my spell check on Chrome to often and that time it bit me in the butt. The funny thing is I have a brick of SENTINELS right next to me.

Jun 10, 2010
this thread has been on for way too long... we're no longer talkin about porpers much! haha. How long does a porper clip last btw?

Years, if not forever. Obviously it's not biodegradable and it's pretty sturdy metal. As long as you're not purposefully chucking it on the ground as hard as you can and trying to keep it in good condition, it could last a life-time. Long enough so you don't have to worry about it bro :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results