Joe Porper Clip

Nov 17, 2007
Hey ya'll. I just got a Porper Clip and I'm a little worried about how I use it (since it is 30 freakin bucks!). I know people say it will not get bent out of shape but just to be sure, what will it take to bend it out of shape? It is it bad to keep the cards in there for too long? (like overnight). Thanx.

Nov 24, 2007
Australia
What will it take to bend it out of shape? I'll go call the Hulk.

Seriously, it's made of metal and very strong...you won't break it. Put the cards in the box, and slide the box into the clip (don't worry about it being hard to slide in, that's fine). Leaving it overnight is an excellent idea - you could leave it for a year, the clip would be fine.

Congratulations on getting a Porper. It can be hard to let the $30 go at first, but you'll be glad you did.

Sep 2, 2007
Ive left cards in a porper for weeks. really, the paper cards are not going to easily bend the solid metal clip. unless you try to force 2 decks in there. if you can accomplish this feat, the metal may bend. i suggest you don't attempt this

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
I would only put normal decks in it(Bikes,Tally's etc.). I believe there is a slightly bigger clip for Viper decks and the like as the stock is thicker. I have tried a Viper deck in a reguler Porper and it(the deck) seemed way too big.

Nov 17, 2007
Thanx for all the feedback guys. I made this thread a LONG time ago and forgot about it. LOL.

So I know this is an old thread (I didnt want to make a new thread just for this silly question) but considering I just got my porper clip in the mail like 5 mnutes ago, Im wondering... How do you guys get your decks in and out of the clip. For those that dont yet have a clip it seems like a dumb question, but for those that do you know its a pretty tight fit. Sure I could just slide them in and out but its not very smooth (I guess is the best word?). Do you go from the top, from the side?

Thanks

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
So I know this is an old thread (I didnt want to make a new thread just for this silly question) but considering I just got my porper clip in the mail like 5 mnutes ago, Im wondering... How do you guys get your decks in and out of the clip. For those that dont yet have a clip it seems like a dumb question, but for those that do you know its a pretty tight fit. Sure I could just slide them in and out but its not very smooth (I guess is the best word?). Do you go from the top, from the side?

Thanks
I slip it in from the side, whats the difference?

Im not sure there is a difference. I didnt know if maybe there was something you figured out after using it for awhile that made it easier/quicker to get the deck in and out.

Nov 6, 2007
Yeah I slide it in from the side, at a slight angle though. So I guess its kind of on the side and on the corner. It will become easier over time, probably because the clip won't be as stiff. Even then, it's pretty damn stiff!

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Stupid question, but is the Joe Porper clip worth it? I have an online magic store which sells it at $27 Australian or around $22 USD. Why cant i just put my cards under a heavy phone book or something?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results