Joey Burton & The Skater Cut

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
First of all, I know you can learn the Skater cut in the Trilogy under Jackson 5.

Who is Joey Burton? Does he have any other material? Any links? Also, where can I learn the variation with the spinning packet after the display? Thanks in advance for any info.

Oct 8, 2007
I think joey burton made the skater cut with 4 packets, and in j5 dan and dave just added the other packet.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
As far as I know Dan & Dave invented the skater cut (with rotating packet) based on Joey Burton's "The Joey Burton Display", a five packet cut like the skater cut without the revolving middle packet.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It varies from person to person. I still haven't got it down. I'm (highly unethically) learning it from a performance. But then again, everyone who performed it in the recent vids have learned it through watching performances and figuring out how it could be achieved since it's unpublished.

Aug 31, 2007
You dont really need a vid to learn the move. All you need to know is the basic concept of what it is and start from there. I suggest doing it with 4 packets first. As far as practicing goes, I can feel your pain. It took me a couple months to get the move down, but its a very rewarding feeling once you can "land" the kickflip. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results