Joker Routine V2 up for analysis

Jun 1, 2009
I know I posted this in the card section, but noboby looks in there and I would really appreciate some feeback.
Earlier I posted a joker "comedy routine." That was just an experiment routine.
I got some really good feedback on it and made a more refined version of it.

Without furthur ado, here it is:
Enjoy
P.S. its still a work in progress, this is not the final routine.

Sep 3, 2007
I like it. You handle cards well. Was it a coincidence that Aces showed up when you were showing the 'indifferent' cards? That made it hard to follow the outcome.

Jun 1, 2009
I still followed it. Nice trick. And superb handling! I'm more than curious how the joker plays a big role. While there are other cards in play?

Thank you,
If I understand your question correctly, the joker plays a role because he does all the "work" so to speak. It would be difficult to revolve the routine around the joker when that is the only card to really work with. (Yes vanishes and things like that would work, but we've seen plenty of those.)
So the other cards help the joker show off his "skills."

I hope that answers your question.

Sep 3, 2007
I understand. I'm not being an idiot here. I didn't really understand the effect. You show 3 selections. Then go into a series of changing selections/jokers. How would you present it besides the joker is wild?

Jan 15, 2010
Nice routine there! love all the bluff pass and I can see lots of improvements in the routine! SWEETTTTT.

Just a question, what is the name of the 'variation' of hot shot used on 0.31 to 0.33 seconds to reveal the joker?

Sep 3, 2007
Just a question, what is the name of the 'variation' of hot shot used on 0.31 to 0.33 seconds to reveal the joker?

I don't think that was a hot shot variation. Unless hotshot can be done at light speed! It's something else, up to Fezzik to let us know the name of it.

Jun 1, 2009
I understand. I'm not being an idiot here. I didn't really understand the effect. You show 3 selections. Then go into a series of changing selections/jokers. How would you present it besides the joker is wild?
I show only two selections, unless you count the joker as another selection. If your asking how I present it, well thats what I did in the video. The only part about the joker being wild is the final phase, the other two phases show other things the joker can do (manipulate and find cards). I hope that clears things up.
Nice routine there! love all the bluff pass and I can see lots of improvements in the routine! SWEETTTTT.

Thanks man! I love the bluff pass, one of my favorite controls.
Its not really a variation of the hot shot. Its called the Top Shot by Lennart Green. I learned it from the Trilogy, but I'm sure there are other places to learn it as well.

Sep 3, 2007
I learned it from the Trilogy, but I'm sure there are other places to learn it as well.

Green also teaches it on his dvd set. You do it very well, I've always had trouble with that move.

Not to say it's a bad effect because it is really good. Just that it was somewhat confusing.

Jun 1, 2009
Green also teaches it on his dvd set. You do it very well, I've always had trouble with that move.

Not to say it's a bad effect because it is really good. Just that it was somewhat confusing.

Well there you go. Thank you, its pretty knacky, took me a long time to get.

Ok, I'm still working on refining it, so be ready for a V3 out soon :p

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The routine itself is fairly good. Your bluff passes look great. The top shot was phenomenal to reveal the first joker. The only thing I noticed and maybe it is just because we are magicians and know how things work are your "get ready" and doubles are a tad revealing but I doubt laymen would catch them. Keep it going man.

Jun 1, 2009
I don't get it. What happened at 3:15 that you're excited about?
He was just pointing out how the double came apart as I turned it over, thats all.
The routine itself is fairly good. Your bluff passes look great. The top shot was phenomenal to reveal the first joker. The only thing I noticed and maybe it is just because we are magicians and know how things work are your "get ready" and doubles are a tad revealing but I doubt laymen would catch them. Keep it going man.

Thank you, its still a work in progess, I'm tossing ideas around with friends still to get the most out of it.
Well I have just a bit of difficulty getting a double break with one hand, I usually do my get ready then talk and gesture so its not drawing attention and they don't notice.
I appreciate the view and the criticism, thanks for taking the time to respond.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Have you ever tried doing your get ready for you one handed double down at your side while gesturing with the other hand? I believe Justin Miller and a few other guys do this.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results